PDA

View Full Version : Found these connectors

Toeks
04-04-2007, 08:53 AM
What might they be for?

bbig119
04-04-2007, 09:04 AM
Do you have a auto-manual swap? In my car some of these various connectors are like yours but taped up in a bundle and tucked out of the way by the PO who did the swap. I've used a pin on one the the connections to make a ground connection to eliminate (mostly) a trans program error as I need the trans computer hooked up to continue to get ASC.

As for what they're for-- if you had the swap, then they probably feed back to the trans computer with shift lever information. If you haven't had a swap I couldn't tell you what they're for.

525SEI BRIT
04-04-2007, 09:23 AM
All the E34s are fitted with a slandered wiring loom mining most cars have all the cables and connectors for most of the optional extras that arnt necessarily fitted! not sure to the exact purpose of the ones in the photo but possible options would be auto transmission/illumination, illuminated gear knob, ASC switch ,sun blind, etc.

Toeks
04-15-2007, 03:14 AM
All the E34s are fitted with a slandered wiring loom mining most cars have all the cables and connectors for most of the optional extras that arnt necessarily fitted! not sure to the exact purpose of the ones in the photo but possible options would be auto transmission/illumination, illuminated gear knob, ASC switch ,sun blind, etc.
It came with the manual transmission, no auto swap. So it probably does have something to do with auto loom, gearknob illumination etc. Good to know, not that I'm going to put in an auto! Just for the hell of it, what do you need to fit ASC?

525SEI BRIT
04-15-2007, 05:53 PM
It came with the manual transmission, no auto swap. So it probably does have something to do with auto loom, gearknob illumination etc. Good to know, not that I'm going to put in an auto! Just for the hell of it, what do you need to fit ASC?

Answer: A BMW Technician!!:D

winfred
04-15-2007, 06:22 PM
you start by looking around for a e34 that has asc and you buy it then sell your old non asc car :D

what do you need to fit ASC?

bmwrp8
04-16-2007, 06:17 AM
I had that ASC fever once, My car doesen't have ASC and i searched and asked how to retrofit ASC...some say possible some sa impossible so I researched more just to find out You would Spend ALOT!!! and not to mention time!and not sure if its going to work...So if you want ASC so bad I suggest buy racelogic T.C. thats what I did end of story!:D

Toeks
04-16-2007, 03:34 PM
I thought as much, glad I got the old brains thinking of their young and stupid endevours.

Anyone have woman figured out yet? I guess that would be easier...

attack eagle
04-16-2007, 04:46 PM
yes. I have woman figured out. It's better (happier) to be ignorant