PDA

View Full Version : I need a touring hatch for parts

Elekta
04-01-2007, 10:51 AM
My hatch has a broken spring internally somewhere and won't stay closed now. I also need a new door for the tool box, and some various grey/black plastic bits around the window hatch etc.

Anyone have a parts touring and willing to break for me? Any leads on one...preferably with the black interior...this is going to be a tough find I am sure.

BobHarris
04-01-2007, 05:49 PM
My catch broke.

The hook on the end of the spring had snapped. I just bent the last coil on the broken end into a new hook and put it all back together.

I need a new tool box door too. must get round to thinking about how to repair it as I don't suppose there are many about that aren't broken

HTH

shrike071
04-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Check the classifieds. There is one being parted in there

Elekta
04-01-2007, 07:15 PM
My catch broke.

The hook on the end of the spring had snapped. I just bent the last coil on the broken end into a new hook and put it all back together.

I need a new tool box door too. must get round to thinking about how to repair it as I don't suppose there are many about that aren't broken

HTH

Is that spring pretty simple to get at? That sounds like a great fix.

RE: the tool door, I was thinking of JB Weld on the hinges that are snapped. How long could a 12 year old replacement last when you think about it.

shrike071 Check the classifieds. There is one being parted in there Ummm yeah, classifieds, thats the ticket. I've used the vines search engine, but a little elaboration on which classifieds you are referring to would help.

shrike071
04-01-2007, 08:17 PM
[/I] Ummm yeah, classifieds, thats the ticket. I've used the vines search engine, but a little elaboration on which classifieds you are referring to would help.[/QUOTE]

Umm... Yeah... perhaps the classifieds on this very board?

Elekta
04-01-2007, 09:10 PM
doh

thanks

BobHarris
04-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Is that spring pretty simple to get at? That sounds like a great fix.

RE: the tool door, I was thinking of JB Weld on the hinges that are snapped. How long could a 12 year old replacement last when you think about it.

I seem to recall the spring was quite accessible.

Not sure how long the JB weld would last either.