PDA

View Full Version : DOTINFO BMAparts.com code?

Boone.Msi
04-01-2007, 05:20 AM
Seems to have expired, anyone know the new code?

632 Regal
04-01-2007, 12:51 PM
they stuck me good on my last order of 300+, shipping was double what it should have actually cost...autohausaz.com is faster anyway plus faster shipping. I used priority mail and get parts next day, AZ to MI.

Blitzkrieg Bob
04-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Seems to have expired, anyone know the new code?

works

Boone.Msi
04-01-2007, 04:26 PM
yea, spece30= 5%, dotinfo(used to)=10% Dosen't matter, i used autohausaz.com, stuff was cheaper and they had the 85 degree Tstat and aluminum housing i was looking for, it was only under the 95 540i for some reason...hope it fits.

632 Regal
04-01-2007, 04:40 PM
did you cross refrence the part number on realoem? The 2 engines are virtually identical so I dont see why it wouldnt fit.

yea, spece30= 5%, dotinfo(used to)=10% Dosen't matter, i used autohausaz.com, stuff was cheaper and they had the 85 degree Tstat and aluminum housing i was looking for, it was only under the 95 540i for some reason...hope it fits.

Boone.Msi
04-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Couldn't find the thermostat on realoem but i cross referenced using BMA's #'s and they come up the same for the 530i/540i 95 degree thermostat part #BMW073686.

So it should be the same, i guess they just made the lower temp tstat, for the 540i since it is more of a high performance engine than the 530i? i dunno...

etcetera
04-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Call BMA and talk to Patrick. The price he gave over the phone was well over 10% off the price on the website.

Macv
04-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Yeah, you can talk those boys down a chunk. Get a lady friend to sweet talk Yves, and he'll crack.

shogun
04-01-2007, 08:51 PM
I buy at autohausaz.com
"Get a lady friend to sweet talk Yves, and he'll crack."
That is nonsens.

632 Regal
04-02-2007, 01:33 AM
not sure about why but I do know that BMW had started putting the hotter stats in Nikasil engined cars in an attempt to stop the failing engines.

So it should be the same, i guess they just made the lower temp tstat, for the 540i since it is more of a high performance engine than the 530i? i dunno...

shogun
04-02-2007, 04:53 AM
"OncYeah, you can talk those boys down a chunk. Get a lady friend to sweet talk Yves, and he'll crack."

At www.autohausaz.com
I do not have to talk sweet. Prices are fixed and good.

paul p (chi-town)
04-02-2007, 08:41 AM
not sure about why but I do know that BMW had started putting the hotter stats in Nikasil engined cars in an attempt to stop the failing engines.Bingo,
Stop gap measure V1.5 (V1.0 was of course denial). By running the engines hotter it was thought that the sulfur would be burned off and not adhere to the cylinder walls and causing the pitting.
Not exactly conducive to performance and hard on the disposable cooling system.

”Hang up & Drive!”

paul p (chi-town)
04-02-2007, 09:04 AM
Yeah, you can talk those boys down a chunk. Get a lady friend to sweet talk Yves, and he'll crack.Hmm,
No sweet talking needed here. But yeah, I always call it in, then there is never any confusion, Patrick comes through with the max discount. Sure some parts are heavy, and CA->IL shipping can make getting them closer to home a better option. BMA has also always been able to get those little euro bits, corner trim, steering wheel contact collar.
Over the years they have been good to me and the board in general, i am trying to be a loyal customer in this ‘what have you done for me lately’ world we live in. The occasional hiccup is not going to make me bail. The worst was sending me the wrong fog lamp for the e34, instead I got one for an e46. I needed to repack and sending it back, but the extra shipping was all on them.

”Hang up & Drive!”

Boone.Msi
04-02-2007, 09:49 AM
Bingo,
Stop gap measure V1.5 (V1.0 was of course denial). By running the engines hotter it was thought that the sulfur would be burned off and not adhere to the cylinder walls and causing the pitting.
Not exactly conducive to performance and hard on the disposable cooling system.

hmm, well i shouldn't have anything to worry about should i? Sulpher should be low(or has it gone back up becuase of the war?) that and i always use chevron 93 w/techron on every fill-up...

paul p (chi-town)
04-02-2007, 10:24 AM
hmm, well i shouldn't have anything to worry about should i? If the block has been replaced, you’re fine. Consensus is that if you have nickasil and she’s running right today, you’ll be fine (sulfur levels are much lower now).
Running better name gas is a front end investment to keep the fuel system/intake valves clean.
Mine are only fed Shell, BP or Mobil.

”Hang up & Drive!”

Robin-535im
04-02-2007, 10:41 AM
Hmm,
No sweet talking needed here. But yeah, I always call it in, then there is never any confusion, Patrick comes through with the max discount. Sure some parts are heavy, and CA->IL shipping can make getting them closer to home a better option. BMA has also always been able to get those little euro bits, corner trim, steering wheel contact collar.
Over the years they have been good to me and the board in general, i am trying to be a loyal customer in this ‘what have you done for me lately’ world we live in. The occasional hiccup is not going to make me bail. The worst was sending me the wrong fog lamp for the e34, instead I got one for an e46. I needed to repack and sending it back, but the extra shipping was all on them.

”Hang up & Drive!”

+1 on that. They're good guys who work hard and own their own business. I appreciate the service and a phone call makes all the difference. Last week I got a rocker arm, rocker arm shaft and valve for what others charge for just the valve, shipped very fast.

rickm
04-02-2007, 06:52 PM
I tried to get some parts from another place once...the stuff never arrived, they never called and had no record of my order. With one call Pat or Yves are on the phone and my stuff ships the same day. Kinda cool getting a call late at night (when I'm still at work) and Yves is still working too. Talk some surf then some cars. Nice guys.