PDA

View Full Version : arg! Noisy vent driving me insane!

BennyM
05-04-2004, 03:24 AM
The vent motor sounds like a squeaky hamster wheel at times. This used to only happen when it was below zero outside, but now it's 70s and making more noise than ever. And it makes chirpy squaky noises at all fan speeds. Are the motors or bearings dying? Or is it just dirty or what? I know other's have had the noisy vents before. Any advice would be much appreciated. Ed suggested I put a snake in there to eat the noisy hamsters or mice, but I don't think that's such a great idea. Thanks.

BennyM

Bill R.
05-04-2004, 08:37 AM
worked for a very short time... You're better off just changing the blower motor when you get tired of the squeek.

The vent motor sounds like a squeaky hamster wheel at times. This used to only happen when it was below zero outside, but now it's 70s and making more noise than ever. And it makes chirpy squaky noises at all fan speeds. Are the motors or bearings dying? Or is it just dirty or what? I know other's have had the noisy vents before. Any advice would be much appreciated. Ed suggested I put a snake in there to eat the noisy hamsters or mice, but I don't think that's such a great idea. Thanks.

BennyM

BennyM
05-04-2004, 11:44 AM
worked for a very short time... You're better off just changing the blower motor when you get tired of the squeek.