PDA

View Full Version : Passenger side floor wet

Kibokojoe
03-31-2007, 03:52 AM
Been cleaning the car and noticed that the passenger side carpet is wet. What could cause this? Air conditioner? Heater core? I know on my 65 mustang there is a hose from the air conditioner that would plug and cause this. Does a 89 535i have this problem too? Where do I start looking?

Fetch
03-31-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm surprised nobody has answered this....

What did it smell like?
Has it rained recently? Could be a leak in the cabin.
Is your coolant low? Could be the heater core.
Check your coolant level right away.

NielsGalan
03-31-2007, 12:31 PM
I'm surprised nobody has answered this....

What did it smell like?
Has it rained recently? Could be a leak in the cabin.
Is your coolant low? Could be the heater core.
Check your coolant level right away.

Check your sunroof drain pipes.

http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/maintenance/Body/sunroof.htm

Kibokojoe
03-31-2007, 04:45 PM
If it is the sunroof I should be able to plug this side for a while and see if the carpet drys up don't you think? I smelled the water and there is no indication of antifreeze.

Kibokojoe
03-31-2007, 04:47 PM
Smells clean no antifreeze smell.

525SEI BRIT
03-31-2007, 06:41 PM
Sunroof drain pipes/ boot (trunk) seal if parked on a hill noise down! carpet wont dry out on its own, have you seen the thickens of the foan insulation under their?!

Kibokojoe
04-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Pulled the carpet back and found no water under the pad. The water is only on the surface of the carpet. And it seems to be in the center part of the passenger side. I tested the sunroof weep hole by measuring a specific amount of water through each of the four holes. For each hole I got out the amount of water I put in, so I am thinking it is not the sunroof weep holes. So that leaves either the heater core or a leak in the dash. Any places I should look at specifically?