PDA

View Full Version : Salvage yards near Portland, OR?

gale
03-29-2007, 07:29 PM
Can anyone recommend any salvage yards in the greater Portland area? I'll be out there early next week and will be looking for a good used e32/e34 instrument cluster. Still having trouble with the CCM backlight staying on & now it's running down the battery. I think I might have fried something a few weeks ago when I reset the oil/service indicator. It's been wiggy ever since. Either that or it's time for a new battery or the "capacitor fix".

Thanks

gale
03-30-2007, 06:47 PM
* bump *

I'm flying up tomorrow, any suggestions?

trumpetr
03-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Can anyone recommend any salvage yards in the greater Portland area? I'll be out there early next week and will be looking for a good used e32/e34 instrument cluster. Still having trouble with the CCM backlight staying on & now it's running down the battery. I think I might have fried something a few weeks ago when I reset the oil/service indicator. It's been wiggy ever since. Either that or it's time for a new battery or the "capacitor fix".

Thanks

Im not sure of salvage yards in Portland, but, there is an ad in the Puget Sound chapter BMWCCA mag, a guy has what sounds like a crap load of parts, project cars, wants to sell the whole lot- sounds like a gold mine of parts and cars.
Im at work today, and dont have the mag with me- when I get home in the morning, Ill send you the contact info, if you like-- He is located about 4 hours drive north of Portland.

best-

Art.

s_ribbens
03-30-2007, 10:03 PM
Just don't go see Joe Funk. He owns a place called Autobahn sport. He's a nice guy for the most part, terrible business guy and just plain sketchy.

CharlesAFerg
03-31-2007, 02:33 AM
Just don't go see Joe Funk. He owns a place called Autobahn sport. He's a nice guy for the most part, terrible business guy and just plain sketchy.

LOL I've met that guy at Lucky lab, seemed like a nice guy - no business though so I can't contribute.

Im not sure of salvage yards in Portland, but, there is an ad in the Puget Sound chapter BMWCCA mag, a guy has what sounds like a crap load of parts, project cars, wants to sell the whole lot- sounds like a gold mine of parts and cars.
Im at work today, and dont have the mag with me- when I get home in the morning, Ill send you the contact info, if you like-- He is located about 4 hours drive north of Portland.

best-

Art.

Send to me as well!

* bump *

I'm flying up tomorrow, any suggestions?

You're coming to Portland???

SEND ME A PM GALE

Lunch! I'm all over the place down here, what brings you to my neck of the woods? You should look at this 750il while you're here...
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=206296581&dealer_id=51387112&car_year=1992&search_type=both&num_records=25&keywordsfyc=&make=BMW&model=750IL&transmission=&distance=25&address=97006&make2=&default_sort=priceDESC&advanced=&certified=&max_mileage=&max_price=&sort_type=priceDESC&min_price=&body_code=0&end_year=1994&keywordsrep=&color=&start_year=1992&drive=&engine=&fuel=&doors=&style_flag=1&cardist=9

Jeff N.
03-31-2007, 12:47 PM

LOL I've met that guy at Lucky lab, seemed like a nice guy - no business though so I can't contribute.

Send to me as well!

You're coming to Portland???

SEND ME A PM GALE

Lunch! I'm all over the place down here, what brings you to my neck of the woods? You should look at this 750il while you're here...
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=206296581&dealer_id=51387112&car_year=1992&search_type=both&num_records=25&keywordsfyc=&make=BMW&model=750IL&transmission=&distance=25&address=97006&make2=&default_sort=priceDESC&advanced=&certified=&max_mileage=&max_price=&sort_type=priceDESC&min_price=&body_code=0&end_year=1994&keywordsrep=&color=&start_year=1992&drive=&engine=&fuel=&doors=&style_flag=1&cardist=9

CharlesAFerg
03-31-2007, 01:14 PM
The guy in Zundfolge isn't Bill Proud is it?

?