PDA

View Full Version : Pulled a part off the Volvo, seems to fit the Touring

paul p (chi-town)
03-28-2007, 10:51 AM
Hmm this is interesting.

http://pavlo.interaccess.com/trusuv1.jpg

Well whaddaya know, bolts right up.

http://pavlo.interaccess.com/trusuv2.jpg

Due to the fact that chi-town’s finest can’t seem to keep themselves out of trouble (and incurring some huge legal bills), they are really trying to find any excuse to hand out a parking ticket.
In front of one’s own house, in the middle of the night, for silly stuff like no front tag.
All of the sudden I’m spending much more on cosmetic accessories than I’d like.
Tryin to keep the bucktoothed look to a minimum…..yo!

”Hang up & Drive!”
94 BMW 530iT&A 135K, ‘Helga’ ( for sale...........WHOOPS, daily driver *confused* )
92 BMW 325i 135K, ‘Rolf’ ( he’s baaaaack *woohoo* Hers *squint* )
91 Volvo 740 Turbonium Vagon 195K ‘Thor’ ( where’s my check! )
93 Datsun NX2000 175K ‘Carla’ ( blown clutch *mad* )
85 Toyo MR2 125K ‘Jerry’ ( dare i drive it *duh* it thumps *grin* )
<Captain Murphy>"Do you want the signature On or Off...............too bad." -- </Captain Murphy>

Black 535i
03-28-2007, 12:14 PM
I am in Evanston and they do not bother me but driving thru Skokie and Morton Grove I have been ticketed for no front plate. Ticket dismissed after I put one on and proved it in court. Put the blank back on and am keeping fingers crossed. If you live in Glencoe, Wilmette or HP they never bother with such things. They are just looking for speeders in their little neighborhoods.

paul p (chi-town)
03-28-2007, 01:16 PM
in Evanston and they do not bother me but driving thru Skokie and Morton Grove I have been ticketed for no front plate. Eh, I live in the city proper, Peterson and Cicero/Pulaski. Nice hood, a lot of senior city employees call it home (kinda ironic). Either one of my neighbors is being an a$$nitch (you can report city sticker violations online *rolleyes*), or the boys in blue have figured if they’re in a crunch to make their quota, come by my place.

I’ve never, EVER gotten stopped for it, they just show up on my cars in the dead of night (Or when it’s street cleaning time, but those are meter ‘maids’ and that’s a STEEP fine if ya don’t move yer ride).
It’s not zoned, there’s always room.
At first it was just the bimmers (soak the rich eh?). But I knew they were desperate (or just dicks) when they targeted the Nissan as well.

I mean there’s people out there with no front end let alone a plate. No bumper, no headlights (or runnin one high-beam…..aimed right at your face). Many of them blasting down the side streets, i see em, everyday.
Do i see any of them stopped?
Only after they've hit something, like me......

”Hang up & Drive!”

SharkmanBMW
03-28-2007, 03:26 PM
I mean there’s people out there with no front end let alone a plate. No bumper, no headlights (or runnin one high-beam…..aimed right at your face). Many of them blasting down the side streets, i see em, everyday.
Do i see any of them stopped?
Only after they've hit something, like me......

”Hang up & Drive!”

I hear that Dude... I see that where I am too... our cops and government don't check cars EVER.
Every day I see 5 cars I would send for inspection... but the authorities don't give a ****.

Bald tires in winter, all kinds of ****, nothing.
Other parts of Canada has yearly inspections that would SERIOUSLY remove at least 25% of the cars in Quebec off the road for violations.

Ross
03-28-2007, 03:38 PM
They clipped my GF at O'Hare in the parking garage, fifty bucks worth. Not very sporting of 'em.