PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Injector Wiring Harness

jbw535i
05-03-2004, 09:27 PM
Anyone know where I can get the wire harness for the fuel injectors? I checked at bmaparts and partsbmw and didn't see a listing for the fuel injector harness.

The problem is the 5th and 6th cylinders don't seem to be firing and so far I have isolated it to be an electrical problem with the 5th and 6th fuel injectors. When I checked it out with a stethescope I don't anything hear anything from the solenoid in the 5th injector and just a faint trace in the 6th injector. So I think it might be that the wires are bad going to the 5th and 6th fuel injectors.

So if anyone knows where I can pick one up I would appreciate it.

thanks,

Brian

winfred
05-03-2004, 10:30 PM
in a e34 535 that's the whole engine wiring harness, it should be real easy to diagnose, that is a semi sequencial injection system, it fires 3 cylinders at a time 123 then 456, you will have a constant 12 volts with the key on to one side and the computer pulses the ground on the other side, if you only unplug one injector and go probing with a test light you will see 12v on both sides

Bill R.
05-03-2004, 11:00 PM
in a e34 535 that's the whole engine wiring harness, it should be real easy to diagnose, that is a semi sequencial injection system, it fires 3 cylinders at a time 123 then 456, you will have a constant 12 volts with the key on to one side and the computer pulses the ground on the other side, if you only unplug one injector and go probing with a test light you will see 12v on both sides

Bill R.
05-03-2004, 11:02 PM
and did you check the compression also?

Anyone know where I can get the wire harness for the fuel injectors? I checked at bmaparts and partsbmw and didn't see a listing for the fuel injector harness.

The problem is the 5th and 6th cylinders don't seem to be firing and so far I have isolated it to be an electrical problem with the 5th and 6th fuel injectors. When I checked it out with a stethescope I don't anything hear anything from the solenoid in the 5th injector and just a faint trace in the 6th injector. So I think it might be that the wires are bad going to the 5th and 6th fuel injectors.

So if anyone knows where I can pick one up I would appreciate it.

thanks,

Brian

winfred
05-03-2004, 11:10 PM
i am allowed a screw up once in a while, it's been a long day, and i had to give up my big ass jeep

Close Winfred, it opens 1,3,5 and then 2,4 6 at the same time...

Bill R.
05-03-2004, 11:11 PM
i am allowed a screw up once in a while, it's been a long day, and i had to give up my big ass jeep

winfred
05-03-2004, 11:21 PM
i figured to get it the way id want it i would spend about the next 3 years worth of fun money, no new guns, big tools, home theator equipment, piss on that ill go back to my orignal truck plan, 67-72 LWB c10 chevy pick up, just missed out on a 55 chevy pu for a few hunderd friday, love the body style hate the suspension, but that's why they invented the 4 link and mustang II front end

winfred
05-03-2004, 11:23 PM
bottom line i can build a 2wd rod a lot cheeper then a 4wd creeper

Bill R.
05-03-2004, 11:23 PM
i figured to get it the way id want it i would spend about the next 3 years worth of fun money, no new guns, big tools, home theator equipment, piss on that ill go back to my orignal truck plan, 67-72 LWB c10 chevy pick up, just missed out on a 55 chevy pu for a few hunderd friday, love the body style hate the suspension, but that's why they invented the 4 link and mustang II front end

winfred
05-03-2004, 11:32 PM
i am thinking squashed late model vette or redneck mobile for a injected motor 6 speed and discs all around, 4 link and coilovers in the rear (bags are over done, and i don't like the got stuck on a cigerette butt stance)

jbw535i
05-04-2004, 02:43 PM
and did you check the compression also?

The compression is fine. Didn't see any problems there. Also I am getting voltage down to the spark plug. So everything on that end seems okay. The only thing left was that the injectors weren't working properly...