PDA

View Full Version : 530it oil filter??

BIGRED
03-27-2007, 07:29 PM
Hi All,

About ready for my first oil change (since owning the car) and I note that there are more than one type of filter. Plastic ends and metal ends. First I would like to get the filter without opening her up and second, might it be possible that the wrong one was installed sometime in its past?

How do I know which filter to get?

Thanks
Don

e34musician
03-27-2007, 08:12 PM
Mine is platic-end one. Most likely yours are the same as mine. Check at www.realoem.com using your vin or manufacturing date. Good luck. I will be on my 3rd oil change soon, currently in the process of changing the intake and valve cover gaskets.

Hi All,

About ready for my first oil change (since owning the car) and I note that there are more than one type of filter. Plastic ends and metal ends. First I would like to get the filter without opening her up and second, might it be possible that the wrong one was installed sometime in its past?

How do I know which filter to get?

Thanks
Don

markus
03-27-2007, 08:24 PM
probly plastic. but if u need a metal one i have one. its always cheaper to order offline.

when the day came to do my oil change I had to get a plastic ended one becuase I was too lazy to go and look. Had to run to the auto parts store and grab one. they charged me $24 for the damn thing. I was pissed. Lesson learned. Now I can order them online for $10 and get the good german made ones.

632 Regal
03-27-2007, 08:44 PM
if you have THE UPDATED dildo insert then you need the newer plasic end style. mY typing cucks tonight.

BIGRED
03-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Went to RealOEM .....enter vin.....(drum roll............)

There are 2 options..... one with the plastic needing insert and one with the metal.

Guess I will call the dealer or open her up to "see".

Thanks
Don

markus
03-27-2007, 10:00 PM
just open it up. it wont leak.