PDA

View Full Version : For the manual trans that calls for ATF-which ATF?

Uncle Paully
05-03-2004, 09:01 PM
hey guys.
just doing a tune up on the 535 and was wondering what the concensus was on the ATF. I'll probably just use the standard mercon 3 but what do you guys say?
also, does anyone have the spec on how many foot pounds for the spark plugs and the valve cover bolts?
thanks a lot
pablo

DueyT
05-03-2004, 09:54 PM
For ATF you can try either Redline D4-ATF or Mobil 1 Synth ATF. I'm running Mobil 1 Synth after a winter of Redline MTL. Mobil 1 is noticeably smoother in all temps.

Cheers,
Duey

AllanS
05-04-2004, 08:16 AM
I switched to Mobil 1 ATF a month ago, just because I was under there anyways doing the oil, and there was absolutely no difference at all. So, I would say go for it, but don't expect anything out of the ordinary. I may try Redline later on and see how that works, but the tranny shifts fine as it is so I'm not trying to eleviate any problem.

Warren N.CA
05-04-2004, 02:48 PM
Better than the ATF my indy put in.

hey guys.
just doing a tune up on the 535 and was wondering what the concensus was on the ATF. I'll probably just use the standard mercon 3 but what do you guys say?
also, does anyone have the spec on how many foot pounds for the spark plugs and the valve cover bolts?
thanks a lot
pablo

George M
05-04-2004, 03:25 PM
Mobil 1 ATF is very good stuff in manual trannies spec'ed for ATF.
George