PDA

View Full Version : OT: got a question about a stock...

Robert K
03-25-2007, 09:00 PM
I'm a fairly savy personal investor and have directed the retirement accounts for myself and my wife for years. I've been reading a lot about uranium stocks heading up and am considering purchasing some shares of Pinetree Capitol Corp., which is a Canadian investing company that buys and holds uranium, gold, silver and other associated stocks. In essence, they're almost like purchasing a mutual fund. I have an Ameritrade account and am going to be purchasing shares as soon as they receive and deposit my check. The difficulty I'm having is figuring out what ticker to enter to purchase shares. In Canada, their ticker is "PNP". To view a quote at Yahoo Finance, you have to type in "PNP.TO", the TO denoting that they shares trade on the Toronto exchange. When I enter that ticker at Ameritrade, nothing comes up. But when I type in "PNPFF", it comes up as Pinetree Capitol Ltd. with a slightly lower price than PNP.TO. So what's the difference in the two and why the different share prices? Any additional info would be appreciated.

Grace and peace,

Robert K
1991 535i