PDA

View Full Version : Hella HID?

Jehu
03-25-2007, 08:05 PM
Anyone add these (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E32-E34-ELLIPSOID-HELLA-HID-XENON_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQitemZ28009 7766212QQrdZ1QQtcZphoto#ebayphotohosting)? Anything beyond splicing the wires correctly like using a different value fuse? Easy mounting those ballasts?My lneses are all yellowed so I'd thought of getting new lamps and I do get out to soem dark remote locals so brighter illumination would be a welcome addition.

Tiger
03-25-2007, 09:52 PM
No splicing needed. You already got that 9006 connector. It looks like someone modified the hole on the headlight unit to fit the D2R bulb. It is a good deal. It is pretty much plug and play.

Important thing is to make sure the headlight lens is good... but that is also easy fix with clear spray thingy everyone raved about.

It is a good price. I'd buy it if I need one pair.

shogun
03-25-2007, 10:04 PM
For that price you get an HID upgade kit already. Difficult to get these Hella parts as spare parts nowadays.
Would stay away from it.
Not many E32 were equipped with these Hella units, only last production year(s) in Europe.

Kalevera
03-25-2007, 10:13 PM
FWIW, I'll have a full set of these for sale in about a week. Buckets, head lights, everything.

Tiger
03-26-2007, 05:42 PM
That's not OEM... that is a modified unit.

Jr ///M5
03-26-2007, 06:07 PM
With a set of US Ellipsoid headlamps, a pair of Hella ballasts, and a couple of rebased Phillips 9006 HID DR2 bulbs, the system is plug and play.

You will be haunted by the "low beam" error message displayed continously in your matrix unless you wire up a relay with the adjacent high beam lamp.

Jr

Boone.Msi
03-26-2007, 06:21 PM
ummmm.... i hope you guys plan on getting d2s bulbs. The d2r's are for headlights without a projector, the "r" is for reflective, if not you will have a really bad hotspot and blurred output...

If your gonna do the hid upgrade, i would go 9006 bulbs w/aftermarket ballast. same price, easy hook up.

Look up my thread "HID Projector Retrofit" if you want to get serious with oem HID, i just snagged some "practice projectors" for my project...:D