PDA

View Full Version : Random noise at idle

Russell
03-25-2007, 08:14 AM
Just finshed my coolant replacement (Zerex GO5) and expansion tank O ring repair and let idle with front of car jacked up.

After idleing long enough for the engine and heater to warm up, I started hearing a sharp noise like a valve or lifer from the valve cover area. Rev engine and it goes away and then comes back later. It also would come and go at random. I am at odds as to what this is. Except I just think prolonged idling with nose up is not a good idea. Will watch. Any thoughts?

bsell
03-25-2007, 11:53 AM
Just finshed my coolant replacement (Zerex GO5) and expansion tank O ring repair and let idle with front of car jacked up.

After idleing long enough for the engine and heater to warm up, I started hearing a sharp noise like a valve or lifer from the valve cover area. Rev engine and it goes away and then comes back later. It also would come and go at random. I am at odds as to what this is. Except I just think prolonged idling with nose up is not a good idea. Will watch. Any thoughts?

Was the nose up so high as to possibly starve the oil pickup with the engine running?

Russell
03-25-2007, 01:00 PM
My thought as well as I had never heard that sound before. The nose was only about 8 inches in the air. I shut it down after my checking the noise.

Havent driven it today. My wife has some "honey dos" today so I cannot even get near the car. I wanted to replace my sunroof gaset today!!