PDA

View Full Version : So Is It Illegal To Blow Up My Car?!?!?!?!

BMW4LIFE
03-24-2007, 01:33 AM
AAAARRRRGGGGGGGGG.......

so my finals are finally over and i thought it was time to do some maintenance on the black beauty....i bought all the goodies and change the oil, fuel filter, air filter and finally the coolant...

this is where the nightmare all starts!!!!

first... when i lift the rear of the car to change the fuel filter i see that almost all my rear suspension parts are all worn to make things worst the rear strut is leaking heavily.... so im like Phuke this is gonna cost some good greens!!!

so then im like ill get to it later....i start to wash the car....then i start to clean the interior....i move the backrest (drivers) all the way back to clean the leather properly and what happens?....the seat wont come up on the left side...so now only the right side of the seat comes up....so now im fuming!!!!!

so im like im over it....i go to visit my dad and we eat some din din and finally im like i gotta go home cause i have work the next day....so i get in my sorry ass BMW to find out that the side mirror is cracked...now i just wanna get out and blow the MotherF*cker UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so now that i have vented (i know you didn't wanna hear it) i was wondering where i can get a replacement mirror, and about how to fix the drivers seat or can i do it myself with ease?

as far as the rear suspension i heard bimmer.com has some great parts for cheap....

oh yea just remembered...to close the deal tonight i had to drive back home sitting straight up FOR 45MIN!!!!!!!!!!

too bad i love that piece of **** so much!!!!! =/

Nick.Hay
03-24-2007, 01:48 AM
If it has **** or Tyres... Its gonna cost you plenty!! :D

henryw525i
03-24-2007, 01:54 AM
I always say things break in groups of 3's.

Is your seat electric or manual? I'd take the seat out pop the plastic side panels off and see whats jammed..

For your mirror, just go to the wreckers it will be cheap. Make sure you get the one thats right for your car....heated mirror or non heated. Non heated will be cheaper. And when you remove the side mirror be CAREFUL...if you have a bently manual then read it and dont press against the glass when your pulling the mirror out with your screwdriver. You just need to slide the ring clip thingy behind the mirror horizontaly with the glass.

its fixing pieces of **** that makes life all the more satisfying. what else are you going to spend your money on, girlfriends??...oh boy dont go there. atleast you'll have a new mirror to show when she walks away from you ;)

BMW4LIFE
03-24-2007, 02:08 AM
its fixing pieces of **** that makes life all the more satisfying. what else are you going to spend your money on, girlfriends??...oh boy dont go there. atleast you'll have a new mirror to show when she walks away from you ;)

so true so true!!!!!!

ever since my ex and seeing my parents fighting all the time im basically over the whole marriage thing! its all about one or two night stands;) which they pay for:D

but yea i have the beantly book....would you happen to know about how much the mirror goes at the dealer? non heated

thanks!

BMW4LIFE
03-24-2007, 02:09 AM
oh ps...did i need to change the thermostat when i changed the coolant?

mattyb
03-24-2007, 02:15 AM
well said Nick

Blitzkrieg Bob
03-24-2007, 02:29 AM
If it has **** or Tyres... Its gonna cost you plenty!! :D

then tyres to go bigger

henryw525i
03-24-2007, 02:38 AM
oh ps...did i need to change the thermostat when i changed the coolant?

I have no idea how much they would cost in USD, Id hazard a guess it would be no more than about $60-$80 USD. And no you dont need to change the thermostat when you change the coolant. But make sure you bled the air bubbles out of the system.

BillionPa
03-24-2007, 03:17 AM
my thermo was like, $15

KenB
03-24-2007, 07:14 AM
I went to a wrecker and they wouldn't sell me the glass only, wanted me to buy the whole assembly for $100. F-that

I just relaced my side mirror insert yesterday...heated from Autohauz AZ $32.00 orders over $50=free shipping. Get an air filter and oil filter or something else you need.

The mirror on mine did not have any type of release ring, clip, slider, etc. It just clips in on 4 points and had 2 wire blade connectors for the heating element. I just pulled evenly on 2 sides and it popped out.

Here's a link to the website, heated version, call them to see if the non-heated is stocked, it might be cheaper.

http://www.autohausaz.com/search/product.aspx?sid=chejbv55pu5ta455oibsd145&makeid=800003@BMW&modelid=1012060@525I&year=1993&cid=13@Body,%20Trim%20%26%20Lighting&gid=2547@Mirror%20Glass%20Insert

Boone.Msi
03-24-2007, 09:25 AM
is this the parted e34 or did you pick up a new one?

BMW4LIFE
03-25-2007, 02:35 AM
i know this is a stupid question but how do you know if your mirrors are heated or not without taking them off?

KenB
03-25-2007, 04:40 AM
If you have the cold weather package option, ie: heated seats, your mirrors should be heated. The wire connections are very close to the inside edge (closest to the car) you might be able to see them if you adjust the mirror all the way away from the car.

I think the heat in the mirrors is always on when the car is running, the glass should be warm to the touch, if working. Easier to tell on a cold day

genphreak
03-25-2007, 06:32 AM
I thought they were all heated (drivers certainly) but we get euro production here in Oz, maybe US prod varies... I don't think you'll save much from $32 though... besides its useful for losing condensation in the mornings. Hell if you have to reverse (and impossible up a driveway) if your all fogged up. It is hot in Sydney and I still love having heated mirrors...

BMW4LIFE
03-28-2007, 02:09 AM
i was wondering if anyone knew what the part is i need with my seat problem...

its the backrest that is stuck all the way back but only one side of it comes up...weird i know....i called some people and they said that its the tracking and i need to replace the whole thing?!?!

anyone have any insight or have experienced the same or similar thing?

thanks!

KenB
03-28-2007, 08:06 AM
Probably a cable needs to be fixed, DIY. Search "seat twist" or

Check http://www.bmwe34.net/ for instructions to fix