PDA

View Full Version : Oh boy, wait till you read these gauge issues!!

henryw525i
03-23-2007, 08:53 PM
Hi Guys,

Whoa, I have got the most peculuar frikkin issues with my dash!! It WILL not stop poping up the most random of messages like DOOR OPEN, CATALYST, BRAKE LIGHT CIRCUT, TYREPRESS FL. Absolutely cracked the shits and took out the "bing" speaker on the highway the other day!!

Have replaced CCM module with a known working one...didnt fix it...

Have replaced capacitors on dash....didnt fix it...

If you take CCM out all together then problem stops, and you just get CHECK CONTROL

WHERE THE HELL DO I START TO LOOK FROM HERE, its driving me nuts??

So appealing to anyone with any similar experience.

Thanks heaps in advance@!@!@!

indierthanthou
03-23-2007, 09:29 PM
I hear that a bad battery can throw random error codes.

wait, these mothers have tire pressure sensors? jesus, what will these germans think of next?! and why doesnt mine have em?

colo525i
03-23-2007, 09:55 PM
I don't know if the tire pressure system is on the US model cars, (i keep my tires inflated). My guess is they could use the ABS sensors to check for wheel speed differences while rolling?

henryw525i
03-23-2007, 10:02 PM
I don't know if the tire pressure system is on the US model cars, (i keep my tires inflated). My guess is they could use the ABS sensors to check for wheel speed differences while rolling?

Mine has never shown it up intentionally, even when I have had a flat tyre. I guess it was the germans thinking a few years ahead of themselves and putting it in the coding. I dont think even the new BMWs come with that sort of feature do they?

colo525i
03-24-2007, 02:31 AM
The only thing i can think of that would cause such a random string of failures related to the CCM would be faulty wiring somewhere. I'd check the grounds or the connections to the CCM see if you can make heads or tails of it. The wiring bundles in these cars can have the insulation come apart with time.