PDA

View Full Version : SRS Light on '90 535i

hlenoble
03-22-2007, 10:07 PM
I parked my '90 535i in the garage in November as I always do, and as the weather is getting better it's time to take it out and start driving it again.

I went out today and started it, and when I did the SRS light started flashing, and then it stayed on. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be the cause? My only thought is that since, as mentioned, the car was in the garage untouched since November, I'm wondering if there could be some type of moisture issue with an electrical contact somewhere.

And, while I have the attention of all of the experienced folks out there, I need to replace the windshield. What might I expect to pay to have that done?

Thanks in advance for you help.

- Hal

Kalevera
03-23-2007, 12:48 AM
Not much to say about the SRS light -- the fault code needs to be read. Could be anything. Any dealer or good independent shop can read the codes. I don't think autologic will do a '90, not sure about MODIS. I use a modic II for this kind of stuff on my 535, and most places have gotten rid of such old technology by now...

Expect to pay around $200 for aftermarket (PPG or the like) glass, installed. Factory glass was around $600 the last time I checked, just for the glass. The PPG glass isn't as soft as the OEM Securit, but it is said to crack easier.

Some states and some comprehensive insurance policies cover glass replacement for free.