PDA

View Full Version : Vogtland? Konis? Anybody tried em? Will 525i app. fit 540i?

rockyfeller
05-03-2004, 12:37 PM
Got a set of Vogtland springs and Konis for a 525i and my buddy says they'll fit fine on my '94 540i. Is this true? I was looking for H&R springs or maybe even the Sachs kit but my buddy had these 525i parts he wanted to get rid of and he does his own suspension work and says it'll work. What do you experts say?

mholbrook
05-03-2004, 12:53 PM
Have your buddy help you put them on the car. They should fit and be fine. You will really like the Koni's if they are adjustable (Front). I think rear adjustable is pretty much set it where you want and then put it in. I would not go full hard by any means. Maybe set the rears at 1/3 hard to 1/2 hard, no more.

The fronts take about 3 hours max and rears about 2 hours max. I could probably do both in 3 hours ez but I've done it a few times.

If the price is right, I think you will be happy with this combination, especially the shocks.

GJPinAU
05-03-2004, 07:22 PM
I'd be a bit worried. Phil Sanderson (525iA) and I (540iA) ordered our suspension parts from the same shop. I had some problems with mine and suggested to the guy to swap these with Phil's as he hadn't had them installed yet and he said he couldn't as the 540 is heavier in the front than a 525, therefore needed a different shock. Maybe worth investigating further.

rockyfeller
05-03-2004, 11:36 PM
Besides the weight issue I'm more concerned if they'll fit in the first place...will the mounts etc. be same size? Are the shocks/springs of same size in the 525i and 540i?