PDA

View Full Version : OT: Towing companies that make my blood boil

DanDombrowski
03-21-2007, 11:15 AM
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/pbccentral/content/local_news/epaper/2007/03/21/s3b_BBTOW_0321.html

Heard this on the local news on my way into work this morning. This kind of stuff really makes me sick. Take all your stuff out of your car if you ever need it towed anywhere!

GoldenOne
03-21-2007, 01:09 PM
havent seen a case up here in gainesville (yet :knocks on wood: ) and what makes it worse is there is "roam towing"....so if you parked where you not suppose to be....they can tow your @$$ and you wouldnt know which towing company got ya.

Blitzkrieg Bob
03-21-2007, 01:24 PM
they tow your car from and illeagal spot and clean out all your stuff, then make like "oh that 's the way we found it"

We even had a ring that towed and stripped cars.

DanDombrowski
03-21-2007, 01:28 PM
I have - a buddy of mine from Gainesville place had a bunch of tools stolen out of his car as they towed it from Gainesville Place to the Pontiac dealer. It wasn't like he was illegally parked - he called AAA and asked them to tow it, and they still had the nerve to steal stuff out of it.

I'm extremely glad to say that I've never been towed in my 4.5 years in Gainesville.

repenttokyo
03-21-2007, 01:37 PM
wait until you have one tow truck driver hold you down and a second one punch you repeatedly in front of your fiance.

Blitzkrieg Bob
03-21-2007, 02:07 PM
wait until you have one tow truck driver hold you down and a second one punch you repeatedly in front of your fiance.

and me being a 6'1" 225 lb wookie, most of the human vermin scatter and allow me unhook the car myself while they spit out a few teeth.

txp135
03-21-2007, 02:13 PM
I knew someone from my last job that had this happened to him. He was in a car accident and he was okay after the crash, but they made him get into the ambulance anyway on the stretcher. He tried to get up to lock his car but no one would let him. He told the people that they need to understand that they have to lock his car up, because there's a lot of valuable stuff in there. Needless to say, the mods/sound system for his car was stripped and he's still going to court for his stuff.

nizmainiac
03-21-2007, 05:56 PM
look at them, would you ever trust some one that looked like that to tow your car? i wouldn't

ryan roopnarine
03-21-2007, 06:49 PM
the first use of what is colloquially referred to as the "stand your ground" law here in florida was by a towtruck driver...he said he felt threatened by the owner of the car (he) was hooking up. i've not heard anything else about it, but from the press, the guy sounded guilty as hell, and was being completely oblivious about the practical application of the law. i've never had a bad experience with towtruck drivers, but, then again, i always ride in the truck when having a car pulled somewhere.

Ross
03-21-2007, 07:22 PM
Hope these boys enjoy each others company at pound me in the ass prison over a couple of used cell phones. Dumfuks!

repenttokyo
03-22-2007, 08:30 AM
and me being a 6'1" 225 lb wookie, most of the human vermin scatter and allow me unhook the car myself while they spit out a few teeth.

I was only 18 at the time, and I'm 5'7 :( Much better built now.