PDA

View Full Version : Laundry List of Repairs.

chiefcorey
03-20-2007, 12:03 AM
I've finally gotten around to doing some work on my car by an independant mechanic. So here's what he did for me.

Replaced Fan Blade
Replaced One Engine Mount (Motor Mount)
Replace Two Front Stabilizer Bars
Replace from indicator lights with clears (and orange bulbs) - it looks fantastic, I'll take some photos later and post them.

Checked Brakes - they squeel, but are fine with about 50-60%

I bought the parts at bma and had him do the work. It worked out well for me with all the labour costing me only $300 CND.

Anyways, there was no way I could do the engine mount or fan blad on my own, so I thought I'd get him to do it all.

And it's fixed my 70km/h shimmy. For now anyways. And it's fixed my M60 rumble.

Not sure how to get the breaks to stop squeeling other than replacing them. But I don't drive a lot and don't want to do that if I can avoid it.

Anyways, the car is running great now, and all I need to get it in perfect shape is to fix the headrest (again!), change the coolant level sensor, and maybe replace the actuator for the passenger door.

THEN, it'll be perfect.

BuckNaked
03-20-2007, 06:43 AM
"And it's fixed my 70km/h shimmy. For now anyways. And it's fixed my M60 rumble. "

It's amazing what a set of clear indicators can do for a car!
Just watch the pounds melt away! Soon you will be sporting new hair growth and your vision will return to 20/20!

markus
03-20-2007, 06:49 AM
its a shame u couldnt do that stuff yourself. you would have saved a nice chunk of change. everything in that list minus the fan blade is what i have replaced so far.

also why didnt u replace both engine mounts? you should really replace both at the same time.

chiefcorey
03-20-2007, 08:59 AM
also why didnt u replace both engine mounts? you should really replace both at the same time.

It wasn't going to save me any money and the other one seemed fine. I did replace both stabilizer bars even though only one was really shot. For the suspension I wanted to ensure it was even on both sides. For the engine mount, I didn't think it would affect the wear and tear of the other mount.