PDA

View Full Version : Less than 3 months until the BIG E34 MEET!!!

Brandon J
03-19-2007, 07:02 PM
Are your e34s ready? Bushings changed? swaybar links not clanking? Spark plugs changed? Hood shocks changed?

The big meet is going to be here soon! The website and registration will be updated soon too. I am looking forward to meeting more of you e34 guys, especially the new .info participants. Remember that you do NOT want to do any work on the e34 within 3 days before the meet. Anything closer does not leave enough time to get any last minute parts. The meet parking lot area will only be for e34s and for necessary event vehicles, such as the trusty rusty van that carries all the signs, grills, and misc. event stuff. If you or a friend arrive in an e39, e31, Z1, Ferrari....you will not be allowed to park in the e34 event lot. There is a parking lot adjacent to the e34 lot that you will be able to park in and then walk over. Sorry, it is an e34 event.

Last year a lot of people registered with a definitely coming and did not come. I use the registration to get a head count for food. This year, unfortunately, I might have a suggested donation of $5.34 for the event. I said last year I will try to keep the meet free as long as possible. A lot of generous people here have been doing this since the 1st e34 meet. We came to an understanding that if someone does not pay for an event, they are less likely to attend. So, with that said, any surplus will be donated to the local BMW CCA charity.

if the demand is there again we will try to get another karting event organized for the night before the meet. If there isn't enough space at the karting place, then we will organize a different type of early bird event. So those of you who don't do things last minute, don't worry we got you covered.

I must say how amazing the e34 .info community has become. The great family, or as I like to see it, global e34 tribe. Always fun. Always informative. Always leave the meet saying how great the people are.

Again, the updated website will be up soon.

Look forward to seeing you all in June. :D

LunatiC
03-19-2007, 08:49 PM
This year, unfortunately, I might have a suggested donation of $5.34 for the event.

You should charge whatever model the person has, eg. 525i pays $5.25, 530i pays $5.30, 540i pays $5.40. Not sure what M5s should be charged though :D

SumDude
03-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Sry for the n00b question but where is this meet located? I just got an E34 within the year and don't know much about the annual meeting grounds.

ryan roopnarine
03-19-2007, 09:57 PM
m equals 100 so 5 x 100 =$500

Jon K
03-19-2007, 11:41 PM
I am thinking of coming out.

bimmerd00d
03-19-2007, 11:49 PM
I am thinking of coming out.

It will be great success. Can't wait for this meet!

Qube
03-20-2007, 12:37 AM
:( Damn Woofstock. Else I would be glad to spend $200 CAD on gas to come again...

bimmerd00d
03-20-2007, 07:55 AM
:( Damn Woofstock. Else I would be glad to spend $200 CAD on gas to come again...

What if we started a "Get Qube to Chicago gas fund?"

Macv
03-20-2007, 08:47 AM
I'll be there a day or two before, how are we meeting up beforehand?

I'll gladly pitch $5.40 to get in and laugh at Jeff's 8 parked in the "other" lot.

Jon, will you be charging for rides?

winfred
03-20-2007, 11:12 AM
what's this other lot ****?! my hood opens in the right direction :D

Antrieb
03-20-2007, 11:42 AM
Oh no, is it June 9th?

(please say no!)

Fetch
03-20-2007, 12:08 PM
June 9th it is..... Does this mean I won't get to see your car Antrieb??? :(

I will be there!!!

I might be able to round up some change to donate from the ol' college fund ;)

Antrieb
03-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Can't make it :(

That is the same date as our local BMWCCA chapter Concours event.

94530inh
03-20-2007, 12:41 PM
where is this meet?

bimmerd00d
03-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Can't make it :(

That is the same date as our local BMWCCA chapter Concours event.

this meet > any CCA event ;)

Brandon J
03-20-2007, 01:32 PM
where is this meet?

Here is the site for the 2006 meet: http://www.bimmer.info/~events/ Please do NOT register here. I will post the updated website when it is done.

It will be at the same location. It is going to be at the circle and connecting parking lot. The 1st parking lot just off the road is for the non e34 vehicles. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Higgins+Rd+%26+N+Arlington+Heights+Rd,+Elk+Grove +Village,+Cook,+Illinois+60007,+United+States&layer=&ie=UTF8&sll=42.075785,-87.822299&sspn=0.090466,0.159645&z=17&ll=42.032815,-88.007634&spn=0.005658,0.013497&t=k&om=1

It is an e34 Special Interest Group, so the e34 get's its special day. Sorry, but hoods mounted the same way does not equal e34. Close, but not an e34. The model number or equivalent is a very cool idea for a donation. Hmm, I just might go with that. I will have to discuss with the other organizers (aka, Scott H, Ed, Jr, etc.) lol.

Brandon J
03-20-2007, 01:34 PM
this meet > any CCA event ;)

I agree with bimmerd00d. Brandon, you have to get a caravan organized with your route to Chicago. You can pick-up a few e34s along the way.

bimmerd00d
03-20-2007, 01:53 PM
I agree with bimmerd00d. Brandon, you have to get a caravan organized with your route to Chicago. You can pick-up a few e34s along the way.

Here is the site for the 2006 meet: http://www.bimmer.info/~events/ Please do NOT register here. I will post the updated website when it is done.

It will be at the same location. It is going to be at the circle and connecting parking lot. The 1st parking lot just off the road is for the non e34 vehicles. It is an e34 Special Interest Group, so the e34 get's its special day. Sorry, but hoods mounted the same way does not equal e34. Close, but not an e34.

The model number or equivalent is a very cool idea for a donation. Hmm, I just might go with that. I will have to discuss with the other organizers (aka, Scott H, Ed, Jr, etc.) lol.

Basically, anyone between Dallas and Chicago please contact me and i'll adjust my route if there's anyone heading up from this area. If any of you guys from the southern states want to meet up in Memphis or something, i'm up for that. Just need a head count of who's in this part of the country. Click on that image and if there are any of you heading up from the southern states (where it's normal), and let's decide where a central spot would be. I was thinking either St. Louis or Mount Vernon would be good.

http://www.bimmerd00d.com/images/bimmerdotinfo/e34meet/texastochicagomap.jpg

As for the non e34's, this is and has always been an E34 group. Lets keep it that way as far as the parking. There will always be a group of people whose E34 may not make it up to the meet (possibly me) or those who just haven't picked one up yet. Lets keep the other cars at the other end of the parking lot.....and this is coming from an E34 owner, who might show up in an E39 that will be parked away from the E34's to show my respect for that. :D Also remember, this is a family event. A local meet was kind of destroyed by a group of redneck E36 owners cluttering up our meet with a bunch of alcohol and whatnot.

Macv
03-20-2007, 02:00 PM
this meet > any CCA event

No ****, theres no excuse to miss this. That missing kidney grill has your mind jumbled.

Digita1 Ecstasy
03-20-2007, 04:01 PM
Are your e34s ready? Bushings changed? swaybar links not clanking? Spark plugs changed? Hood shocks changed?

No, No, No and no. :(

Brandon J
03-20-2007, 09:59 PM
No, No, No and no. :(

lol, time to get moving.

winfred
03-20-2007, 10:07 PM
if i go id be going up I55 through mempiss, not set in stone that i am going though as **** has a habit of coming up when i wanna do something remotely fun

Basically, anyone between Dallas and Chicago please contact me and i'll adjust my route if there's anyone heading up from this area. If any of you guys from the southern states want to meet up in Memphis or something, i'm up for that. Just need a head count of who's in this part of the country. Click on that image and if there are any of you heading up from the southern states (where it's normal), and let's decide where a central spot would be. I was thinking either St. Louis or Mount Vernon would be good.

Antrieb
03-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Meh I don't know. I'm not saying I don't want to meet you guys. It's just that my local CCA members are literally some of my best friends. Not getting together for this Concours event is blasphemy.

And :P to MaceV

bimmerd00d
03-20-2007, 11:05 PM
if i go id be going up I55 through mempiss, not set in stone that i am going though as **** has a habit of coming up when i wanna do something remotely fun

Make this your "**** coming up" in place of not doing anything. If it's the case of you having fun, this year's e34 meet will be crap. I suggest you go in order to have a bad time. ;)

bimmerd00d
03-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Meh I don't know. I'm not saying I don't want to meet you guys. It's just that my local CCA members are literally some of my best friends. Not getting together for this Concours event is blasphemy.

And :P to MaceV

Well, bring the E34's with you! Leave all the lesser cars at the so-called "concours."

Antrieb
03-20-2007, 11:24 PM
Well, bring the E34's with you! Leave all the lesser cars at the so-called "concours."
Well I guess it all depends on if the NYC guys are going to drive up 4 hours to crash our party. Last year 10 of them came up in supercharged and turbocharged m3's. They were in the Modified category, and unfortunately My old 525i was modified, but stood no chance next to their cars.

Move the date to the next weekend? :D

bimmerd00d
03-20-2007, 11:48 PM

Never!!! The date's in stone. Too many people would have to have 3 other people per person jump through 15 hoops just to get the date changed. It's easier to tell everyone way ahead of time the dates so they can arrange around it. It's worked this way since the beginning, tried and true.

saluki540i
03-21-2007, 12:48 PM
Anybody coming through Southern IL via I-57? I'm off the beaten path twenty minutes East, in Carbondale. Hopefully, I'll be able to make it and caravan up the 350 miles with some of you. Should be a great opportunity to get the old girl out of hiding and clear the pipes.

Brandon J
03-21-2007, 01:31 PM
Well I guess it all depends on if the NYC guys are going to drive up 4 hours to crash our party. Last year 10 of them came up in supercharged and turbocharged m3's. They were in the Modified category, and unfortunately My old 525i was modified, but stood no chance next to their cars.

The next weekend is F1 at Indy. Already looked at the dates. The 2007 date is already set; the sticky above has had it shown for quite some time now.

Brandon J
03-21-2007, 01:32 PM
Anybody coming through Southern IL via I-57? I'm off the beaten path twenty minutes East, in Carbondale. Hopefully, I'll be able to make it and caravan up the 350 miles with some of you. Should be a great opportunity to get the old girl out of hiding and clear the pipes.

bimmerdood will probaby drive through I55 and Jr lives in Peoria. So, maybe you can meet in Peoria.

txp135
03-21-2007, 02:20 PM
only 700 miles each way, piece of cake. Damn, I wish it's closer, do you guys take your family? I have a wife and 1 yr and 3 yr boys.

bimmerd00d
03-21-2007, 02:26 PM
bimmerdood will probaby drive through I55 and Jr lives in Peoria. So, maybe you can meet in Peoria.

Peoria or Bloomington. I'm stopping to meet up with a friend in Bloomington before I head to Chicago, so that would work.

Jr ///M5
03-21-2007, 03:09 PM
I usually take the day off work on Friday, and take the back roads up to highway 39/51 to 80, (there's a little twisty part that's kinda fun.) It's less than 2 hours to Scott's house from here.

Dood, let me know what day you'll be traveling in case you need assistance around these parts.

Jr

bimmerd00d
03-21-2007, 03:46 PM
I usually take the day off work on Friday, and take the back roads up to highway 39/51 to 80, (there's a little twisty part that's kinda fun.) It's less than 2 hours to Scott's house from here.

Dood, let me know what day you'll be traveling in case you need assistance around these parts.

Jr

That sounds like fun. A few twisties to finish off the highways are always nice.......in the right vehicle.

Macv
03-21-2007, 07:28 PM
I'm excited.

And I want to know if anyone will driving through east-central/central Indiana, so we can get together.

Brandon J
03-22-2007, 12:39 PM
only 700 miles each way, piece of cake. Damn, I wish it's closer, do you guys take your family? I have a wife and 1 yr and 3 yr boys.

A few do. There is a mall close by and Chicago is always a fun place to visit. If you do plan on bringing them, let me know so I can help you plan the trip. There are some guides and links to places the wife and kids can go on the link to the 2006 event in this topic thread.

stargazer_61
03-22-2007, 07:01 PM
I'm excited.

And I want to know if anyone will driving through east-central/central Indiana, so we can get together.

Just made a reservation for the Sofitel in Rosemont, near O'Hare. I will probably be coming through Indianapolis on my way up there from NC. Will be passing through on Thursday, June 7. Holler at me if you're interested in a caravan.

John

Macv
03-22-2007, 08:09 PM
June 7th might be a day early for me. I plan on leaving the 8th.

Spice Boy
03-22-2007, 09:14 PM
Very interesting question....

How close is this meeting place to the o'hare airport?

stargazer_61
03-23-2007, 06:30 AM
June 7th might be a day early for me. I plan on leaving the 8th.

No problem. Getting there early to see some sights in the city. We'll see you there.

PS: I dig the license plate.:)

stargazer_61
03-23-2007, 06:36 AM
Very interesting question....

How close is this meeting place to the o'hare airport?

Very. http://maps.google.com

Type in "Schaumburg, IL" then scroll to the left a bit.

Spice Boy
03-23-2007, 08:47 AM
sweet... because ive had a mad thought... mental thought infact.... lol

mikeythekidd
03-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Just got a nice room 5.6 mi away using Wifey's Marriott points. Now if I could just get out if going to Jr.'s High School graduation...Oh well, worst case scenario will be Fri. midnight arrival from The Twin Cities.