PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question re: rattling noise from glove box area and smoke from exhaust

ber55ber55
03-19-2007, 09:46 AM
I have recently developed a ackward noise that is coming from the glove box area, and i cant seem to pin point it since the sound is strongest when im driving (i slightly does it in idle but not strong enough). Any ideas?

Also, the car has started to develope some smoke when i hit about 6k rpms flooring it. I checked the compression and they all seem pretty even and strong. I doubt it is the head gasket, but what else could this be? It smokes even after about 25-30 minutes driving so i dont think its water buring off.

Ross
03-19-2007, 10:20 AM
Something tells me that noise and smoke are gonna get worse.

VentoGT
03-22-2007, 11:56 AM
If you can figure out how to fix the glove box rattle you win the grand prize. That is the only thing I hate about my car.

Barney Paull-Edwards
03-22-2007, 05:05 PM
Small Air pipes,Small Air pipes,if the smoke only appears at 6k then something is being sucked into the manifold, assuming the compressions are ok,the two clips behind the glovebox can come loose,or your ammunition should be stowed in clips not loose!

ber55ber55
04-04-2007, 11:56 AM
hmmm yes...i never thought having the rounds roll around could get that annoying.....

Morgenster
04-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Blue smoke or white smoke?

ber55ber55
04-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Blue smoke or white smoke?

Well its kinda hard to tell. I can only see it at night when there is a car behind me with its lights on. It looks black to me. The other thing is.....its not consistant. Sometime i have it, other times i dont. The times i dont have it, i also have more power. When i do have it, it almost feels like the tranny is slipping, but it not.Recently its only been at the high end of the rpms, right before i shift. It dooesnt smoke in idle, it doesnt smoke in normal driving, it doesnt smoke at low rpms. It only smokes when im really lettin it rip. I mean im not that worried about it yet, but I just want to make sure its not the head gasket.