PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the info guys - again.........

Zeuk in Oz
03-18-2007, 11:26 PM
Replaced my reversing light switch yesterday.

This must be the easiest thing I have ever done - 5 mins max including getting the car up on ramps.

How empowering it is to have looked at the switch at the last oil change a week ago and to be able to tell the parts guy at my local dealership exactly where it was and what it looked like.

Thanks bimmer.info and thanks realoem.com and thanks to you lot ! :D

Dave M
03-19-2007, 05:39 AM
Good job Zeuk,

Must be nice to have reversing lights. I've never had them, and have been very successful at forgeting / procrastinating over the job off for 5 years now :D Even after pullling the tranny twice, I still have no lights.

I'll get to it................tomorrow.

Thanks for the reminder,

Dave

Zeuk in Oz
03-19-2007, 04:10 PM
I've never had them, and have been very successful at forgeting / procrastinating over the job off for 5 years now
Don't you guys have to have your vehicles inspected at all ?

Here in NSW, where I am, these things get checked every year - includes brake function check. No way they would let through no reverse lights. Also replaced a seatbelt buckle the other day as the red plastic had worn through.

rob101
03-19-2007, 04:49 PM

Here in NSW, where I am, these things get checked every year - includes brake function check. No way they would let through no reverse lights. Also replaced a seatbelt buckle the other day as the red plastic had worn through.
We don't either, except for RWC to sell your vehicle and that even doesn't work because when i bought my e34 it passed RWC with 2 ggggggggggoooooooooone rear wheel bearings.

Dave M
03-19-2007, 07:28 PM

Nope, thats a current pic in my signature ;) But really, we have no periodic inspections, not even emmisions where I live. Once it passes a safety at purchase, which is no tough test, its a free for all. Not saying I agree, its just the way it is.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/dave_macisaac/Misc/Chevy2.jpg

Have you seen my truck? Driver's door no longer opens (NASCAR entry/exit), vanity mirrors for side mirrors, plexi glass rear windows, no locks......... And this thing makes money as a forestry work vehicle :D

Dave