PDA

View Full Version : Peake or CarSoft?

zhandax
03-18-2007, 11:24 PM
I was looking on fleabay to buy a Peake R5 FCXII and saw the adapter which works with the CarSoft program. Since mine is a 94 built on 5/93, would the Carsoft do that much? I ran searches here for each and no one seems to have commented on both. Also, the fact that mine is built in a transition year would seem to be a factor.

acidfire52
03-20-2007, 10:43 AM
If you get the carsoft adapter, DO NOT get the cheap chineese one. I bought it, does not work.

zhandax
03-20-2007, 01:28 PM
Did you finally get one that worked? If so, can you do more with it than with the Peake?

zhandax
04-11-2007, 04:41 AM
Is it because it is Chinese or because of OBD limitations? After looking for about 3 weeks, there is a guy in Germany selling these on eBay.de that he makes and he lists these as the working functions for an E34 540i (not sure about the BJ 92 über 20pol).

E34 540i BJ 92 über 20pol:
DME / DDE diagnosis - Status: OK
Inst. Cluster diagnosis - Status: OK
SIM diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
AIRBAG diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
ABS / ASC diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
BC / MID diagnosis - Status: OK
DWA diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
ZKE / ZVM diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
HKL diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
EGS diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
EWS diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
LCM / CCM diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
PDC diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
CVM diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
CAS diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
ZGM diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
RLS diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !

Morgenster
04-11-2007, 05:32 AM
Is it because it is Chinese or because of OBD limitations? After looking for about 3 weeks, there is a guy in Germany selling these on eBay.de that he makes and he lists these as the working functions for an E34 540i (not sure about the BJ 92 über 20pol).

E34 540i BJ 92 über 20pol:
DME / DDE diagnosis - Status: OK
Inst. Cluster diagnosis - Status: OK
SIM diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
AIRBAG diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
ABS / ASC diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
BC / MID diagnosis - Status: OK
DWA diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
ZKE / ZVM diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
HKL diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
EGS diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
EWS diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
LCM / CCM diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
PDC diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
CVM diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
CAS diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
ZGM diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
RLS diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !

That would mean a 20 pin coding plug.

zhandax
04-11-2007, 06:03 AM
That would mean a 20 pin coding plug.
Please elaborate. I think most of the plugs in use in interfaces only use ground, Vcc, K, L, and reset (or maybe 2 Ks).

MarkD
04-11-2007, 07:29 AM
Please elaborate. I think most of the plugs in use in interfaces only use ground, Vcc, K, L, and reset (or maybe 2 Ks).

Those are the connections on an OBD-II interface. So you guys don't mind just finding the Carsoft s/w and using it? It's quite expensive to buy.

bmwrp8
04-11-2007, 07:59 AM
[QUOTE=zhandax]I was looking on fleabay to buy a Peake R5 FCXII and saw the adapter which works with the CarSoft program. Since mine is a 94 built on 5/93, would the Carsoft do that much? I ran searches here for each and no one seems to have commented on both. Also, the fact that mine is built in a transition year would seem to be a factor.[/QUOTE

i'd go for the carsoft

Tiger
04-11-2007, 09:55 AM
I will know the answer by the weekend on Carsoft. I bought one kit for MB. Just waiting for my PCMCIA adapter now. The thing about Carsoft is that when you buy newer BMW, you are covered. Older BMW like E34 will be limited to what they can do. Essentially you are getting what dealer can do.

bigtisas
04-11-2007, 06:49 PM
OBD limit of course. If it is because of it is made in China. Dump your Xbox360 and PS3. They are all made in China.

zhandax
04-12-2007, 02:11 AM
Tiger, did you ask the seller where his is made? I found two sellers on eBay.de selling units made in Germany. I wonder if there is that much difference in the design/assembly. bigtias is right. Most every consumer circuit board we buy is made in China. The design may be a differentiating factor. I was outbid on the first one I tried to buy.

MarkD
04-12-2007, 07:12 AM
Tiger, did you ask the seller where his is made? I found two sellers on eBay.de selling units made in Germany. I wonder if there is that much difference in the design/assembly. bigtias is right. Most every consumer circuit board we buy is made in China. The design may be a differentiating factor. I was outbid on the first one I tried to buy.

Why do you need to by the interface? When you buy a LEGAL version of Carsoft, it comes with an interface.

zhandax
04-12-2007, 07:36 AM
Yes, and when you spend $60,000 on a NEW BMW, you do not have to worry about this. It does not look like you took THAT option.

Ferret
04-12-2007, 07:50 AM
Oh christ lol, CAPSRAGE has reached the boards!

bmwrp8
04-12-2007, 08:56 AM
Oh christ lol, CAPSRAGE has reached the boards!

hahaha i'm with you Ferret!!:D cool down people BMW owners are not a fighter, they are lovers nyahaha:D

Tiger
04-12-2007, 09:36 AM
No, I didn't ask where it was made in. I am in US and I picked the seller who ships from US or Canada and there is only one that I see.. All the other ships from China.

Tiger
04-12-2007, 09:37 AM
3800 US dollar reasons. I am just a hobbiest... I don't do this for living.

Blitzkrieg Bob
04-12-2007, 01:40 PM
works in it's own crude way.

rob101
04-12-2007, 04:44 PM
works in it's own crude way.
I think I'd prefer to get the snap on tool.........to be honest then at least if tomorrow i decided to get a complete diff type of car i can get a cartridge and still use the thing.

zhandax
04-15-2007, 10:01 AM
No rage here. Tiger, did yours arrive by Friday? I am curious how many functions work on a '94.

Tiger
04-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Okay, yep... got it. I did a preliminary tests on it. It works. How far it works... well I am still figuring that out. My kit is for Mercedes...

On my 95 diesel, it works on my AC and diesel engine electronic. The last option to diagnose is my airbag system and it didn't work. I am not sure if I have to do something more to get it to communicate with the SRS system.

On my folk's 01 gas engine, I hooked up the OBD2 harness and it worked in getting informaiton out of the Engine Module... but failed to communicate any other system that I want to get into... AC, BAS (brake assist system), ABS, and so other...

I need to find a manual on telling me how to do all this... which is not part of the software. I need to do more search on this matter.