PDA

View Full Version : My amp isn't where it should be...

Dan in NZ
05-03-2004, 02:46 AM
I have the stock head unit, and I'm wanting to add a cd player and possible a sub-woofer. I've just started looking into it, and just for a laugh I decided to check out the amp... I pulled out the left (looking at the trunk) side carpet, and there was nothing there, I even checked the other side and there was just the jack etc. There looked to be what could have mounted an amp, but no amp and no wiring.

The stock head unit I have has a pyramid-style seek/tune knob, the bmw logo stamped on the tape slot, and the strange slot-type sensor you stick your finger in and move left to right to adjust bass/treb/bal/fade. It has speakers in the rear deck, front kick-panels and dash.

I'm hoping to get a cd changer from a wrecked car, and just add it to the head unit.

Paul in NZ
05-03-2004, 03:09 PM
my car has a sony although it is all marked up as a BMW unit coplete with 10 stacker in the BOOT.It doesnt sound like yours though......go to a couple of local stereo places they may be able to identify what you have got......dont forget i have access to that wrecker

SamB
05-03-2004, 03:45 PM
Not that I'm an expert on the factory stereo options but it sounds like you don't have the premium option with the amp. No big drama if your planning on adding your own though.

p.s Go New Zealand :D

Dan in NZ
05-03-2004, 05:30 PM
Looks like I need a little torx T8 or something to get the radio out have a look.