PDA

View Full Version : noobie stupid attack long story

dennyg
03-18-2007, 09:46 AM
Drove 400 miles to Pittsburgh to pick up a 1990 535a I bought on internet. I was optimistic about deal but things never work out the way they are planned sometimes. Must be cause of lunar eclipse or I can blame St. Patty for taking a huge dump on me! Trailer I brought was under size by over a thousand. Garage owner told me state cops would pull me over confiscate my car and charge me two grand. Turns out short time ago a wood chipper/trailer came loose from a unsecured car and killed two of three triplets and their father.

So I drive over eight hundred miles drinking eight hundred cups of coffee. And I either have to eat freight back to Michigan. Or sell the car where it sits.

Someone please buy my new parts car! Its Black over tan and has a non working engine. Body is good with some slight rust on bottom of doors inside of rubber trim not showing on door skins. Everything works great. Locks, air, windows, interior is better then most. Has five original great shape basket weaves. Call me for more info-989-906-5595...Or rent me a car hauler and I will do it again next saturday. Guess I am a glutten for punishment!...Denny

632 Regal
03-18-2007, 01:02 PM
damn that IS a shitty story.

Ross
03-18-2007, 01:10 PM
Join a motor club, get unlimited towing and tell 'em you broke down.

dennyg
03-18-2007, 02:36 PM
I belong to AAA but four hundred miles might be above their maximum limit hahaha.....I will sell it for 800.....clear title sell the seats and wheels and have the rest of the car for free. Anyone in Pittsburgh area has a wrecked E34 could fix their baby for less then insurance will total. I like the car enough if I don't sell it this week I am going to rent a Uhaul and do it again. But this time I will be more prepared. Why do I always have to learn the hard way? For those novices out there the trailer is part of the gross vehicle weight. You have to add trailer and car together to be legal. Trailer brakes and a class two hitch would also be advisable.

indierthanthou
03-18-2007, 09:47 PM
eight hundred DOLLARS?! what color is it? are the rockers/quarter panels rust free? im in port huron, judging from your phone number youre either in sagnasty or bad axe

dennyg
03-19-2007, 04:38 PM
Bay City but the car is still in Pittsburgh. The car has some rust starting on the rockers and bottoms of doors. Nothing on door skins just above the rubber strips on bottom of doors. Trunk has a three inch bubble that could easily be fixed. Quarters are good and bumpers are nice too. Small damage next to fog light drivers side spoiler. Call me at 989-906-5595 if you need to know more.....thanks Denny

indierthanthou
03-19-2007, 07:21 PM
oh if only i had 1300 bucks.... i could definitely use a parts car

dennyg
03-19-2007, 10:46 PM
If you have a truck with enough gvw tow capacity maybe we can help each other. I will rent a doly/trailer from uhaul but my f150 ford is not rated high enough to pull it. Need a truck with towing package that can haul five thousand pounds. You provide the truck I will trade you some parts. I will be going back to pick car up saturday. I have car listed on craigs list and here for 800. If you are really interested call989-906-5595....Denny

632 Regal
03-20-2007, 06:20 AM
I have a truck that can pull houses if you want to borrow it, needs insurance but good to go. Im at about exit 106 on I-75.