PDA

View Full Version : I drove my parents 99 Grand Prix Gt today...

Boone.Msi
03-16-2007, 06:11 PM
I seriously felt like i was gonna die. The damn thing feels like a boat compared to my e34. The seats have no support, the windsheild is small, i can barely see out the back window. And it just didn't feel safe, i seriosly kept both hands on the wheel on a straight away at 60mph.

The car is in good condition, its chipped w/ sway bars, 5% tint all around, charcoal black leather interior. It dosent look bad, and it feels faster off the line than the 530i, but i think the front wheel drive killed it. I just didn't like driving it at all...

For those wondering, the rents lent me the car this week so i can get to work while my baby waits for a new radiator.

markus
03-16-2007, 06:39 PM
did you love the cheap ass plastic GM interior too? and the buick like ride?

632 Regal
03-16-2007, 07:36 PM
heyyy not all Buicks ride like a Buick. I did wonder how those things rode. Doesn't sound like something I would trade for.

did you love the cheap ass plastic GM interior too? and the buick like ride?

repenttokyo
03-16-2007, 07:47 PM
i've driven those cars extensively, felt very safe to me with no visibility issues. The GTP with the supercharger is also quite fast.

if you aren't used to driving FWD, you will notice the pull of the front wheels as something unfamiliar, but that doesn't make the car unsafe.

Boone.Msi
03-16-2007, 07:49 PM
i liked it when she first got it, it just dosent feel very solid when you drive it. My biggest anoyance is giving it gas from a stop, i barely give it gas and the damn front wheels start losing traction. Its not a good feeling, but more like a bucking skit-skit-skit noise and feel.

Wannabe sports car FTL...

repenttokyo
03-16-2007, 08:00 PM
do your parents maintain the car at all? not criticising, just asking.

i agree that fwd loss of traction is a sucky feeling. FWD sucks in general.

Boone.Msi
03-16-2007, 08:17 PM
yea the car is maintained like a damn Rolls Royce. I think im just too used to the way the e34 feels and the feeling of a rwd vehicle.

Robin-535im
03-16-2007, 09:25 PM
yea the car is maintained like a damn Rolls Royce. I think im just too used to the way the e34 feels and the feeling of a rwd vehicle.

You would probably have the same experience even with a brand new ____ (insert mid-size sedan name here). Every time I rent a new car I'm so happy to get back in my 17 year old e34.

alexander525
03-16-2007, 11:10 PM
haha yeah i know the feeling. i work at a GM dealership and usto drive around granddams, prixes and impalas all day. they felt like such garabge compared to by e34. everything about those GM sedans feels chinzy. its like anything can break at anytime

Monastie
03-17-2007, 07:43 PM
my rents got a '03 grand prix..... damn you have ZERO feel on the road with that thing!

plus the seats adjustments with the e34..... WOW, uncomparable with the gp

im driving it regularly right now, cause my e34 needs a new battery..... i miss my e34 :(