PDA

View Full Version : nissen va behr

dolfan13
03-15-2007, 08:40 PM
A few years ago I had a 97 740 and did alot of research on the radiator failure.I work at Toyota north american HQ and deal with many vender parts,i.e. radiators. Cant remember the details but all the plastic that failed ,water pump impeller , radiator and over flow tank were exclusively behr. None of the failures were nissen. Any one else familar with this.I made post on roadfly.com many years ago maybe Ill find it for details.

JD525IA
03-16-2007, 10:54 AM
It was identical to the broken Behr radiator that I pulled out of the car. Even though both are plastic and aluminum, they are pretty durable unless you rear-end somebody like I did.

I got it off of Ebay for $180. I was a bit leary but once I got it in and got the car running, I realized I was concerned about nothing. It fit perfectly and worked well. I just had to swap out the coolant temp probe on the side and then clean and swap out the coolant level sensor at the bottom of the expansion tank. It was amazing how much sand and other crap was in the A/C condensor and the old radiator - mighty dirty!

JD