PDA

View Full Version : OT: Spyker and Zagato? Never heard of em........I wonder why?

Dave M
03-14-2007, 07:03 AM
Spyker and Zagato (http://autoshow.en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/autoshow/geneva2007/Article.aspx?cp-documentid=3824700)

$600k. A VW engine. A jewelry store ass. A caramel interior. Assembled in 4 months. 0-60 in 3.8 sec.

What do you think?

markus
03-14-2007, 07:10 AM
geez the rear ned looks awful. reminds me of a zonda C12 or whatever its called.

Ross
03-14-2007, 08:14 AM
Even uglier than the V-8 car. I always thought the Dutch were reserved. If Holland had the NBA this is what the players would drive.

Nick.Hay
03-14-2007, 08:51 AM
Yeah, thats ugly!!

Spyker used to make expensive cars back in the early 20th century??

One of the cars on the Peking to Paris rally was Spyker.

John B.
03-14-2007, 10:18 AM
If you've never heard of Zagato you must have zero interest in fine Italian cars.

http://www.zagato.it/ukhistzc.htm

Dave M
03-14-2007, 11:59 AM
If you've never heard of Zagato you must have zero interest in fine Italian cars.

I wouldn't say zero, but close enough.

This bad boy ain't helpin matters either ;)

Barney Paull-Edwards
03-14-2007, 12:03 PM
American cars.
Look like ****,out-dragged by a Land-Rover,drink fuel,break down a lot,cost a fortune.
What do you think?

John B.
03-14-2007, 12:43 PM
Maybe they should have Chris Bangle clean up the rear styling??:)

nizmainiac
03-14-2007, 12:56 PM
well i guess spyker have to fund their F1 team some how

attack eagle
03-14-2007, 01:04 PM
American cars.
Look like ****,out-dragged by a Land-Rover,drink fuel,break down a lot,cost a fortune.
What do you think?

I think they run all the brit. car companies, so brits have no place to say squat about automobiles.

If you ever want to talk about unreliable, overpriced, fuel drinking shitboxes then look to britain. TR7 comest to mind as does the Stag, etc. Almost anything turned out of BMC or Rover Group from inception to it's sale to foreign investors.

How do you make a british car reliable and Economical?
A: shove a foreign designed power plant in it, have foreigners design it and run the company, and tell Lucas to F' off, you'll get your electronics elsewhere.

OH, and BTW I'm a british car nut. Just imagine how NON brit fans feel?

DAve M: I think I'd rather have a faster and better car for under 50k, or several faster and better cars.

632 Regal
03-14-2007, 01:07 PM
id drive it, cant say I ever saw anything like it.

repenttokyo
03-14-2007, 01:31 PM
American cars.
What do you think?

excuse me, was that some kind of indictment of american cars? About reliability? From a Brit?

Blitzkrieg Bob
03-14-2007, 02:22 PM

Yea Fiat!

Ross
03-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Barney,
These are Dutch old boy.
Regarding your comment on American cars; Looks are a matter of taste as evidenced by the original post, any outdragging a Land Rover has done until very recently has been done with a discarded Buick engine (the only trustworthy part of those steaming heaps of ****), the rest of your comment applies very well to any British auto I can think of and the thirsty part especially to that Ami powered LR.
Yea, yea I love the lumber and hides of Britains finest, but none of 'em work worth a crap. Hell, you guys made a Honda (Sterling) unreliable.
Shouldn't throw stones from that glass house pal.

CharlesAFerg
03-14-2007, 05:33 PM
Barney,
These are Dutch old boy.
Regarding your comment on American cars; Looks are a matter of taste as evidenced by the original post, any outdragging a Land Rover has done until very recently has been done with a discarded Buick engine (the only trustworthy part of those steaming heaps of ****), the rest of your comment applies very well to any British auto I can think of and the thirsty part especially to that Ami powered LR.
Yea, yea I love the lumber and hides of Britains finest, but none of 'em work worth a crap. Hell, you guys made a Honda (Sterling) unreliable.
Shouldn't throw stones from that glass house pal.

Why are you guys saying they're Italian, they're Dutch!
Top gear did an episode on one of their models before.

Personally I think it's just a showy car (Not sure about this one in particular though)
http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/c12_zagato.asp

Macv
03-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Kinda sexy, kinda ugly.

I'd drive it.

John B.
03-14-2007, 07:09 PM
Why are you guys saying they're Italian, they're Dutch!
Top gear did an episode on one of their models before.

We were talking about Zagato, a famous Italian name in car design.

John B.
03-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Yea Fiat!

If that's the best you can come up with you must be hanging around with Dave.

CharlesAFerg
03-14-2007, 09:14 PM
We were talking about Zagato, a famous Italian name in car design.

Yeah, I got ya

icehole2001
03-16-2007, 01:53 PM
I always thought the Dutch were reserved. If Holland had the NBA this is what the players would drive.

What is this? Some kinda subtle racist remark?

And since when have the Dutch been conservative?

Ross
03-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Racist? Didn't know the Dutch were oppressed. I didn't say conservative, I said reserved which in my limited experience they are.

Panda
03-17-2007, 07:35 AM
http://www.astonmartins.com/db4_5_6_s/db4gt_zagato.htm

If you can find one they cost an absolute fortune, the later (1980's) Aston V8 Zagato was quite something as well:

http://www.astonmartins.com/v8/v8zag.htm

Jeremy Clarkson described a Spyker (not sure which one) as like driving around in an expensive handbag. All style and no substance.
I'm not a great fan of F1 but was suprised to see them there (qualified last for Australian GP last night). They have also have a chequred history at Le Mans (2002-2006) only ever finished one race ('03) but weren't classified due to lack of distance covered. Peter Dumbreck reced for them a few times (Peter Dumbreck and Mark Webber were the drivers for the Mercedes Aerobatic display team back at Le Mans in '99, look it up if you have never seen it........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow3rxq7U1mA )

icehole2001
03-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Racist? Didn't know the Dutch were oppressed.

You made a reference to the NBA which is American not Dutch, and the ugly cars that the players drive. And for that matter why was the NBA the first thing that popped into your mind, as opposed to NFL, NHL, MLB?

I mean, think about it...

I didn't say conservative, I said reserved which in my limited experience they are.

Also, conservative/reserved, same difference in a social capacity(i.e. not extraneous terms to label gov't policies), and I see neither in the Dutch in general.

Not trying to start trouble in a place that I go to ask for help, but I gotta call it like I see it. Thanks, bye.

repenttokyo
03-17-2007, 01:46 PM
he said NBA because of the flamboyant cars that NBA players often drive. It was a simple reference and I think most people got it. I don't even follow professional basketball and I got his reference.

icehole2001
03-17-2007, 02:13 PM
he said NBA because of the flamboyant cars that NBA players often drive. It was a simple reference and I think most people got it. I don't even follow professional basketball and I got his reference.

Not to keep beating a dead horse, but...

Basketball players are the only group of people who drive flamboyant cars?

I definitely got what he was saying. I don't think you got what I was saying.

Ross
03-17-2007, 03:11 PM
Aw jeez, I know where this is going now.
Athletes and popstars, basketball players in particular are frequently seen on TV showing off silly overdecorated cars that have money indesciminately heaped upon them. Most of 'em are black guys, pointing this out is racist then?

repenttokyo
03-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Not to keep beating a dead horse, but...

Basketball players are the only group of people who drive flamboyant cars?

I definitely got what he was saying. I don't think you got what I was saying.

you are beating a dead horse, and i'm sorry he didn't list every single group of people who stereotypically drive flashy cars, because it seems like that is the only thing that could possibly satisfy you.

Aw jeez, I know where this is going now.
Athletes and popstars, basketball players in particular are frequently seen on TV showing off silly overdecorated cars that have money indesciminately heaped upon them. Most of 'em are black guys, pointing this out is racist then?

he's the only one bringing race into things man, I guess we should just stop feeding the troll.

icehole2001
03-19-2007, 10:09 PM
The absolute last thing I will post in this thread is...

Apparently it's above you gentlemen's level of comprehension. Please try to understand at least that.

Dave M
03-20-2007, 05:52 AM
Originally Posted by Ross
I always thought the Dutch were reserved. If Holland had the NBA this is what the players would drive.

What is this? Some kinda subtle racist remark?

And since when have the Dutch been conservative?

Wow, I just checked the thread to find a cock-fight over this? Ross, you should be ashamed of yourself ;). We all know the Dutch would never host an NBA franchise. Just imagine a bunch of wooden clogs slidin around the court, pretty embarasing.

Remember, Icehole you said you weren't posting anymore. Hows the ice fishing anyhow? I was just just out last weekend. Caught two walleye.

Dave

repenttokyo
03-20-2007, 08:08 AM
The absolute last thing I will post in this thread is...

Apparently it's above you gentlemen's level of comprehension. Please try to understand at least that.

newb.