PDA

View Full Version : Euro Bumper Trim Installation

Sam-Son
03-13-2007, 01:54 PM
I bought the Euro trim for my 5 but I can't seem to be able to figure out how to install it. Anyone know how to do it or know of any websites with info on this? I already did a search and came up with nothing.

Antrieb
03-13-2007, 02:09 PM
For the front, remove the US reflector lights. Pull outward and they should pop off.

For the rear you may need to pry a little, but still pull towards the back of the car.

I did mine yesterday and it took 10 minutes total.

KenB
03-13-2007, 02:36 PM
Look at the new trim and notice which way the tabs are facing that fit into the slots in the bumper...you should be able to figure which way to push/pull pry to remove the old ones. (can't remember offhand but did the same when I had to replace one of my standard trim pieces) Snaps right into place.

NielsGalan
03-13-2007, 03:33 PM
Strange how the grass always is greener on the other side ...

Here I am in Europe wanting the US bumper trim with the posotioning lights, and there you are in the US wanting the Euro trim without the lights.

Go figure!

E34-520iSE
03-13-2007, 04:36 PM
Maybe one of our US friends would do you a swap!

HTH,

Shaun M

Sam-Son
03-13-2007, 05:12 PM
Thanks I got it. I'm having the Eibach sport springs put in and I'll post pics of the finished product.

BimmerMeUp
03-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Here I am in Europe wanting the US bumper trim with the posotioning lights, and there you are in the US wanting the Euro trim without the lights.
Go figure!

Maybe we could trade...

Sam-Son
03-13-2007, 07:36 PM

Go figure!

You're free to have them I don't want 'em anymore.

slvre34
03-17-2007, 03:56 PM
By the way, where did you buy the Euro trim? Local BMW dealer?

Thanks, Mark

Thanks I got it. I'm having the Eibach sport springs put in and I'll post pics of the finished product.

Antrieb
03-17-2007, 08:53 PM
BMW dealer or www.abrahamsmotorsport.com