PDA

View Full Version : Question about throttle cable slack adjustment

repenttokyo
03-11-2007, 01:25 PM
So as I enumerated in a previous thread, I had been having a problem with the engine revving about 500 rpm between upshifts. It seemed like the cable would bind, and then release after a few seconds, only when the car was in gear. I couldn't figure it out, and couldn't reproduce it in neutral.

So I used the little dials on the throttle cable and the cruise control cable to give both of them more slack. For the first few miles, everything seems good. Then, it goes back to it's old behaviour, and when I check the slack again, it seems to have disappeared.

There are 2 springs on each of the dials - is it possible these are too weak or too strong, and or that the dials themselves are too weak to maintain the proper level of slack?

pingu
03-11-2007, 05:25 PM
I can't remember what answers your previous thread received but when was your throttle cable last replaced? I had mine replaced at about 130,000 miles (the old one was sticky and "jerky") and this was the best "upgrade" I've ever had on a car.

repenttokyo
03-12-2007, 11:04 AM
At this point I might be considering the same thing....Was it a difficult job to do?

632 Regal
03-12-2007, 11:39 PM
should be very much straight forward.
At this point I might be considering the same thing....Was it a difficult job to do?