PDA

View Full Version : SHell Rotella T Synthetic 5w-40

markus
03-10-2007, 01:02 AM
well tonight i was at wally world looking at oils. Unfortunatley they didnt have the 5 quart jugs of 0w-40 in stock. I did some research online and found the Shell Rotella T is supposed to be a very good oil and since its for diesel engines might have different additives in it. I plan on using it in my 540. Anyone else use it? For $16 for a 1 gallon container I picked up 2. Might be a little cheaper to do a 3,000 mile oil change with this stuff.

Robin-535im
03-10-2007, 01:29 AM
well tonight i was at wally world looking at oils. Unfortunatley they didnt have the 5 quart jugs of 0w-40 in stock. I did some research online and found the Shell Rotella T is supposed to be a very good oil and since its for diesel engines might have different additives in it. I plan on using it in my 540. Anyone else use it? For $16 for a 1 gallon container I picked up 2. Might be a little cheaper to do a 3,000 mile oil change with this stuff.

Local BMW service manager recommended it to me a while back. He's a good guy, decently smart about older BMWs so I don't think he was blowing smoke. I used it for a while and now use M1 0w40 (at twice the price... must be twice as good, right?)