PDA

View Full Version : round and round they go...

BuckNaked
03-07-2007, 05:39 PM
I have been shopping for wheels. So many to choose from.
I know I need 5x120 offset range et13 front to et25 rear from what I have read, as close to et20 as possible. I hope someone can straighten me out on that if it is incorrect because I also read not to exceed +/- 4mm from the et20 offset.
I know I need 72.56 hub or 74.1 with hubcentric rings, not sure if I should use metal rings or one of the synthetics...
From what I have read, e39 wheels either fit or don't.
If I go with 265x35x18 on 9.5 inch width, I don't need a roll job on my wheelwells with my stock suspension. Or so I hope...
I have seen the rants of a disgruntled Lakeshore W&T customer, I am aware of TireRacks' excellent track record, and I keep one eye on the forums, and one on eBait (rofl), all the while hoping a set of stars find their way to me and my precioussssss.

In order of preference...
Rondell #58
M-Par
ASA AR1

As much as I like the style 5's, I don't want the maintainance hassle. Too many nooks and crannies for dirt to hide.

I am looking at staggered 8's/9.5's, silver machined finish, Kumho Ecsta Sport.

I haven't seen prices on these (http://www.radenergie.com/main/wheels/viewProduct.php?cat=50&item=152), but they are 19" and up, and 18" is the max for my taste. I would almost prefer 17's but they are rare as staggered sets.

If you have nothing else to do, and want to add to my rant, feel free. I'm all eyes.
-Buck

Blitzkrieg Bob
03-07-2007, 06:16 PM
try to get the metal ones, since I have found that the plastic rings can distort.

Try to stay as close to et20 as possible, or either you'll rub the strut or the fender depending on which way you go and tyre size.

markus
03-07-2007, 08:52 PM
M parallels are what my heart is set on.

Spasso
03-07-2007, 09:34 PM
If you use metal hubcentric rings coat them with a light coat of grease right before installation so they don't corrode onto the rims or hubs.