PDA

View Full Version : Capacitor on 12v supply to M50 coil packs?

Jon K
03-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Anyone know if a Non Vanos motor wiring harness has a capacitor inline with 12v supply to ignition coils to suppress noise?

winfred
03-07-2007, 01:21 PM
not that i remember, id need to look at a diagram to be sure

whiskychaser
03-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Anyone know if a Non Vanos motor wiring harness has a capacitor inline with 12v supply to ignition coils to suppress noise?

Dont think it will be in line. Capacitors block DC so the coil wouldnt work. Could go to ground but the logical place is right on the coil and they are not there. You dont actually say what the problem is but I'm guessing at RF from your alternator or just a duff radio?

ryan roopnarine
03-07-2007, 04:00 PM
from the taken out m50 non vanos harness at my house in orlando, it doesn't LOOK as though there are any capacitors in there, though they might not be obvious. where is the interference showing up?

winfred
03-07-2007, 06:00 PM
id suspect it's a megasquirt related question since the factory cop's have replaced the wasted spark system on his m50

from the taken out m50 non vanos harness at my house in orlando, it doesn't LOOK as though there are any capacitors in there, though they might not be obvious. where is the interference showing up?