PDA

View Full Version : Door Open

vegasjoe
03-05-2007, 02:04 AM
Gentlemen,

I have a "Door Open" alarm on the instrument panel and the BMW bong telling me something is wrong. However, it is not constant. All the doors are closed tight it seems. I have pulled 2 of the two strikers switches off and looked at them. I saw no problem.

The door alarm happens when I turn corners or step on the gas pedal. A sudden lurch and or change is direction sets off the alarm. Then as soon as the alarm appears it disappears again.

I have a Bentley manual and I have downloaded a set a schematics from this site. However, I did not see the circuit the explains why I would get a "Door Open" alarm.

So will somebody please point out to me the Door Jam/striker switches circuit? Also if you have any hints associated with this problem, I would appreciate it.

Paul in NZ
03-05-2007, 03:38 AM
if you look closely at a door latch (on the car) you will see the switch.It sounds to me as if one of the switches is faulty or the wiring one of the switches has a short to ground or similar so it seems like the switch circuit is open so triggering the alarm

Omega
03-05-2007, 07:33 AM
Search the forum. I have replied to this damn question posted by different users atleast five times........

Also, just to pre-empt the next question: Cold weather and white smoke. Yes. They all do that.

....and welcome to the forum! ;) The "door-open" fix really is easy, just "search"