PDA

View Full Version : A Better E36 Console!!

Spasso
03-05-2007, 01:37 AM
While driving my 328 I was always looking for that handy tray in the console between the seats that my 530 has.

As it was, I thought I was stuck with an ashtray I would never use, a spare change holder for non-existent tolls and two worthless cup holders, that is, until I ran across an alternative in RealOEM.

In the E36 section I found a Multifunctional Assortments Tray for Center Console. There were no measurements online but I was guessing that the console would accept different "modules" according to specific orders so I took a chance and ordered TWO of these trays with hopes that I could come up with a combination that would fit both of them in. If not I would modify them to fit or create spacers as needed.

It took all of 5 minutes and a small screw driver to pry with to make the switch. You just have to squeeze the lower edges of each module and they pop right out, sometimes with a little coaxing from the screw driver.

I purchased these from Pelican Parts for 9.75 each and will fit all of the E36's including M3 B30 and M3 B32 (2 door) These are Genuine OEM pieces. The part number is 82-27-9-407-927-BOE

Spasso
03-05-2007, 01:38 AM
So what about cup holders?
I use these universal adjustable holders from Ultimate Cupholders.com. They will hold anything you have, right up to liter bottles.

I have one on each side of the console in the 530 but the 328 being smaller dictates that I put both on the passenger side.