PDA

View Full Version : Did the "shogun" computer reset.

Russell
05-01-2004, 11:26 AM
I did the shogun computer reset where the car battery is disconnected for at least 10 minutes with a neg and pos battery cables shorted (battery is out of the loop) with the key in #2 position will cause all the computers to reset to base values. A bit like rebooting a computer. See the archives and other posts for details.

After a short drive around town after the reset. I have seen no difference in any way except a little smoother. Will watch.

632 Regal
05-01-2004, 01:37 PM
Im waiting... might not be worth re-setting the radio codes and the options.

Russell
05-02-2004, 10:58 AM
The cars "seems" to shift and run smoother after the "reboot" in my around town driving. I will see on my weekly commute. However, the gain may be a placebo effect or the weather. It turned from humid and warm to rainy and cool. Even so, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I did the shogun computer reset where the car battery is disconnected for at least 10 minutes with a neg and pos battery cables shorted (battery is out of the loop) with the key in #2 position will cause all the computers to reset to base values. A bit like rebooting a computer. See the archives and other posts for details.

After a short drive around town after the reset. I have seen no difference in any way except a little smoother. Will watch.