PDA

View Full Version : Got rear ended any one got a rear bump they want to sell

rob101
03-02-2007, 05:13 PM
yep ironically the afternoon after reading the recently posted 7 mph test data, my e34 became a case study. some old dude in a mitsubishi 4wd thought i had gone through the roundabout when i had begun to take off but stopped and didn't enter it (as there was someone was doing a 180 degree turn which is uncommon and i saw it at the last minute) and so about .5 seconds later he rear ended me. its not that bad he wrecked my bumper though and slightly dented bits of the tail and end of the boot. He admitted fault and i will be paid out from his insurance I will be getting a friend of a friend to fix it up and will try and get a touch-up/respray done while its there.

so i am looking for a rear e34 bumper in australia if anyone has one.
on the plus side i had my wheel realigned and new tyres fitted 15 minutes later as i was on my way to the tyre shop. so no flat spots to worry about.

Rigmaster
03-02-2007, 05:15 PM
I've got one for you. Wonder if I can take it as checked luggage??? :)

You pay airfare and I'll bring the bumper for FREE!!!!

Bret.

rob101
03-02-2007, 05:23 PM
i just need the carrier part the apron looks okay. Rigmaster what about shipping it? how much does it weight?

filip00
03-02-2007, 06:24 PM
i have one, too bad you're THAT CLOSE :)

rob101
03-02-2007, 06:30 PM
well if you guys are willing to give one for free + freight costs(which i will pay, I will consider it. its not huge and i have DHL-ed things that big before (exhaust) it was to quote BMA patrick: "At 27 lbs - $115.00 freight
however I believe they will charge dimensional weight. - $150.00"
so might end up being cheaper will have to see what the extortionists around here want for one.

filip00
03-02-2007, 06:33 PM
well, here in croatia they are sold used, in good conditions, around $130. so that's my price, but you're lightyears away :)

rob101
03-02-2007, 06:42 PM
well, here in croatia they are sold used, in good conditions, around $130. so that's my price, but you're lightyears away :)
I am light years away from melbourne parts will take 4 working days to get here. However strangley parts will come from Los Angeles in the same time frame that exhaust came through DHL over the weekend sent thursday LA time (friday australian time) and got here monday australian time. so in reality i am probably close to you shipping wise than you think