PDA

View Full Version : New snow pics thread...

Montreal525
03-02-2007, 02:57 PM
We got more than a foot of snow in 15 hours and a little more to come... Yipee....... I hate shoveling...

Jeff

SharkmanBMW
03-02-2007, 04:15 PM
Nice shots Jeff, give them some driving shots if you go out.... the roads are a mess. Near my place cars are parked crooked all over the road in snowbanks!

I canceled my day and stayed in where it is safe and warm, even with AWD, it's not worth the aggravation of dealing with idiots around me that can't drive in snow.

Montreal budgeted for 3 major storms and this is #3, so if we get hit again.... it could get ugly!

nizmainiac
03-02-2007, 04:43 PM
cool , the last time i saw snow like that was in 1986 when i was in the midlands, we just don't get the snow down here in devon it's always too mild, and even when we do get a few inches the whole place seems to grind to a halt and everyone moans about it even all the farmers with landrovers and fookin gert tractors:)

SharkmanBMW
03-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Believe me, it is worse than his pics show.... my balcony has about 2 feet all from today, 1 foot fell and the other foot drifted from wind.

nizmainiac
03-02-2007, 05:03 PM
i wished i lived there, my daughter would love it

Montreal525
03-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Hey Sharkman, wasn't all that bad downtown... Not a lot of people, you could drive around fairly easely but this is what was waiting for me when I got home, at around midnight... Screw it, shoveling is going to wait 'till morning, I've got better things to do...:D

Jeff

Turbo Ready
03-02-2007, 10:37 PM
i wished i lived there, my daughter would love it

She might like the snow, but not the cold, it's really frickin cold here. I am in Ottawa, the capital which is 1.5 hrs away from where these guys are. Ottawa is the 3rd coldest City in the world we hit close to -40 degrees C and F with the wind chill sometimes.

Like Montreal, Ottawa is just fantastic in summer, would not trade it.

This winter has been really great so far, allot warmer and 1/5th of the snow we usually get, Spring soon :D

repenttokyo
03-03-2007, 10:26 AM
it was nice driving into downtown last night, it was like a ghost town!

At noon I went out and shoveled my tiny driveway for 30 minutes to get to the streets. I came home an hour later, and at 7 pm there was EVEN MORE SNOW THAN BEFORE on my car! I had to use the neighbour's snowblower to take care of it the second time, and that took 40 minutes. Man, were my muscles sore at the end of the night.

Going on a navigational rally tonight in the laurentians, so that should be exciting given yesterday's snowfall.

I think you and I have the only 2 Calypsorot BMW's in Montreal.

SharkmanBMW
03-03-2007, 02:15 PM
Going on a navigational rally tonight in the laurentians, so that should be exciting given yesterday's snowfall.

I think you and I have the only 2 Calypsorot BMW's in Montreal.

??? tell us more about this rally you did!

and for the color...
I had my calypsorot 540 and sold it to a local guy... so there are at least 3!

indymdm
03-03-2007, 06:14 PM
i hate snow and crappy tires the combination tore off my driverside fog light after sliding into snowbank and last year put my e30 in a ditch(no harm though)

repenttokyo
03-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Here are a few pics of me in the rally last night. 230 km on snowed in back roads - took 4.5 hours to do. It was a lot of fun. Does anyone have a rear towhook cover they would like to sell me? Mine disappeared after last night.

I got out of the snowbank no problem with a tow from a Forrester. Those dents were on the car when I bought it, getting them fixed once spring rolls around.

repenttokyo
03-04-2007, 11:59 AM
Other people weren't so lucky. It's always the awd guys who drive beyond their ability it seems ;) Although a guy in a grand marquis went down a cliff and was stuck for over 2 hours waiting for a tow.