PDA

View Full Version : Well dang I think I have tried everything

RickyBimmer
03-01-2007, 10:24 PM
I still cannot get my radio to take my code after following instuctions in manual and numerous other things including searching and reading all threads. Here is what I have done up till now.

1. Went on a 1 1/2 hr drive with radio on reading code. Entered 3 times...nothing
2. Disconnected battery 2 times overnight 1 for 8 hours and the 2nd time for 13 hours...nothing
3. Put key in position 1 for 1 hr 15 minutes with radio on....nothing again

Any ideas? Any thing I might have missed before it becomes a frisbee?
Appreciate it ladies and gentlemen!!

Jehu
03-01-2007, 10:42 PM
Well,if you're sure you have the correct code you should just need to have the key in position to have the accesories on ,weather that's 1 or 2 i forget, then turn the radio knob on and enter the code by pressing the corresponding key on the radio, that's how i do it after the battery is disconnected.

John B.
03-02-2007, 07:17 AM
I had the same problem recently after changing batteries. Turned out the radio had been changed & the code that came with the car was no longer good. Pull out the radio & get the serial number off the back. Then call a dealer & get a code for that number. With the correct code it should take it the first time entered.

RickyBimmer
03-02-2007, 07:50 AM
They all sound good thanks but I have had the car for years and entered the code myself and it worked. Also Jehu you mention turn the knob on? I have the radio on for an hour and 15 min last night with key in #1 position cause I used my 3 tries. Was I supposed to turn it off and then turn it back on and enter code? Just wondering cause I did not do that. After the hour 15 I just attempted to enter code. Thanks again

RickyBimmer
03-02-2007, 08:20 AM
Well now I see my problem. I had the car at the body shop for weeks as they installed the body kit. I just pulled the radio and the serial number on the back of the radio does not match my card in my radio book!!

Now the fun begins.

CharlesAFerg
03-02-2007, 08:44 AM
Is there a reason why you posted a picture of- (yourself?) ...?

RickyBimmer
03-02-2007, 03:49 PM
Is there a reason why you posted a picture of- (yourself?) ...?

Yes sorry missed it on the upload, car pic is next item down.. Sorry to offend you. Sure yours is better.

Pulled radio took serial number to my mechanic at dealer....gave me code....all fixed.

Close thread

Robin-535im
03-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Sorry to offend you. Sure yours is better.
Bigger maybe, but better is in the eye of the beholder :p

Damn good tie knot there. It's hard to get the center dimple with symmetric side lobes.

I was trying to figure out who the hell that was a picture of... Jimmy Fallon's brother... One of the BeeGees... maybe someone I knew in high school...
:D

RickyBimmer
03-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Bigger maybe, but better is in the eye of the beholder :p

Damn good tie knot there. It's hard to get the center dimple with symmetric side lobes.

I was trying to figure out who the hell that was a picture of... Jimmy Fallon's brother... One of the BeeGees... maybe someone I knew in high school...
:D

lol thanks Robin