PDA

View Full Version : Theres nothing I can do to help her now. If anyones interested...

TETSUO
03-01-2007, 09:02 PM
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/car/286953068.html

she WAS in great condition. Apparently someone tried to steal my wheels and must not have been able to finish the job. Left one bolt holding the left rear wheel in place. All i can say is thank god it held out long enough for me to get off the freeway. Someones looking out for me. I'd love to fix her but I won't be able to. so if anyones nearby and interested, just thought Id post her here.

:(

Macv
03-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Thats depressing. It'll make me check my lugs before I drive.

Sorry to hear that, glad you're good.

Boone.Msi
03-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Dont have any enemies do you?

etcetera
03-01-2007, 11:32 PM
That sucks. Someone did that to me in my vw bug. Caught it just in time.

If you decide to part it, I'm interested in some stuff and I'm local.

Deener
03-02-2007, 12:31 AM
Sweet car. That sucks. Me too, if you decide to part it out I would be interested in some things. Sorry that happened to you.

CharlesAFerg
03-02-2007, 01:18 AM
If you're going to part, I'm just up north and would gladly pay shipping for parts... When you do decide, and if you ARE parting- let me know what color the interior is.

billy
03-02-2007, 03:19 AM
Perhaps the 'thief' was a bmw fan and was saving you the embarrassment of driving around with those gangsta bling bling wheels, which by the way are hideous

DanDombrowski
03-02-2007, 04:38 AM
The theif was probably cursing Jiffy Lube or whatever tire place wailed those lugs on there.

Sorry that had to happen, good luck parting it out or whatever you're doing.

Qube
03-02-2007, 09:46 AM
I ALWAYS do a circle check before heading off... just to check for flats and see that lugs are in place if anything.

It's a little habit I picked up from Police Quest I hahaha.

Dave M
03-02-2007, 09:49 AM
Perhaps the 'thief' was a bmw fan and was saving you the embarrassment of driving around with those gangsta bling bling wheels, which by the way are hideous

wow

Dr. Bimmer
03-02-2007, 12:17 PM
That sucks...too young to die so soon.

repenttokyo
03-02-2007, 12:40 PM

why do you have to be such a jerk to a guy who just wrecked his car?

TETSUO
03-02-2007, 02:14 PM
hahaha. thats fine. The rims would not have been my choice if I had one. I'm not a fan of chrome rims myself but they were on the car when i got it and i didnt think they looked bad. You sir are a dick though.

Anyway, I would love to part it out but the reason im selling it in one piece is because i have nowhere to keep it while parting it out. I live in an apartment and i cant keep it on the street if i cant move it.

the interior is black btw for the one guy who was asking.

bbig119
03-02-2007, 02:43 PM
Maybe I'm dense, but why aren't you going to get it repaired? Its a large job, but surely this car isn't in such bad shape that it should be written off.

hakwuzhere
03-02-2007, 09:16 PM
I ALWAYS do a circle check before heading off... just to check for flats and see that lugs are in place if anything.

It's a little habit I picked up from Police Quest I hahaha.

Police Quest FTW!!! I miss sierra :(

TETSUO
03-02-2007, 11:09 PM
No you're not dense I just dont have the money to fix her right now. I've had a bit of a bad run as of late and the majority of my finances are tied up in other things. Meanwhile I have nowhere to put her since she cant even roll right now and I dont have a driveway or garage and I'm being charged by the day as she sits in the tow lot.

What do you guys think its worth in its current condition?

genphreak
03-03-2007, 12:10 AM
Same happened to me once with a brand new work car. All four wheels had one lug left on, though it was loosened too.

Someone must have disturbed them and prevented them finishing up. I came out to goto work and very luckily noticed a poor alignment on the front wheels- and thought enough of it to investigate. Found the nuts all piled up at the back and just put them back on.

You were much less lucky, but at least you survived the slide. Anyway, just had a look and things don't look that bad- unless there is far worse I cannot imagine from your pics.

Are you sure you are not being lazy? It'd just take two weeks on and off to fix it;

a couple of stands and a couple of decent jacks to get it nice and high. Some decent tools. Or find some big blocks to sit it on. I'd send a pic of her to all the breakers and ask them to quote you (fixed price) on what you will need before you decide. Once you do and if you start, get under and remove everything that looks bad. Then take the whole rear suspension off the frame and repair any body damage whilst the parts are coming. Try to get everything you need on the list but the fixed price quote will help you if you miss something- a very nice option to have.

Some things you might buy new, like CV boots, subframe mounts... but the rest can be collected for very little. The paint down low can be a matter of careful prep and any old black, a new set of second hand wheels (less attractive ones perhaps?) and you are back on the road in better shape perhaps.

I find it best to have non-bling items, the car runs better with sensible stuff and I get to park it anywhere- that last part is almost priceless to me :)

Just reckon you should do that as I reckon you'd be lucky to get much for it. Maybe the towing yard will let yo do it in situ- for a fee perhaps, I dunno. Good luck either way.

If all that fails to work out, one of the breakers you ask a quote from may offer enough to you to collect her and forward her remains to the undertakers :(