PDA

View Full Version : Abs Warning light?

nesone0072525
03-01-2007, 07:52 PM
My abs light comes on mabey 5 minutes after i start driving and i know it is not just a dummy light because last week it snowed and i didn't have abs what shuld i check?

shogun
03-01-2007, 08:50 PM
http://www.bba-reman.com/bmwabsfaults.htm

baksa
03-08-2007, 06:40 AM
My ABS light suprised me few days ago, but it only was lit for a second.
My rear discs are so thin that I thought that the problem was there, but am I right? Can it be that ABS light went ON because of warn brake discs?

genphreak
03-08-2007, 06:58 AM
If the car voltage drops you can get ABS light triggers.
Check your voltage (a special function in the OBC can report on voltage), it could eb a batter, alternator or something simpler..

tim
03-08-2007, 04:03 PM
In order of likelihood: (IMHO of course. YMMV)

ABS Controller: Confirmed by shorter and shorter time to make the light come on. Eventually it will come on right away. Known fault with controller circuit. Fix: reman unit (you can take it off, send it out, and it won't affect your brakes since your abs is already out) another name besides BBA is Module Master. You don't need to clear the code when it's replaced, the light will just go out.

Wheel Speed Sensor: they do go bad sometimes. If you can, get yours tested before you replace because they're not cheap for what they are (basically a magnet on a wire). If it's the right rear- the speedometer will usually be non-functional.

Voltage: Usually, you will get other messages like Trans Prog when this is the issue.