PDA

View Full Version : wanna know the easiest way to get broken parts to work?

indierthanthou
03-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Buy new ones. the old ones will work almost as soon as you try to put the new ones on.

I just bought a set of backseat seatbelt buckles (the part bolted to the floor) because my passenger side one wasn't holding the belt in. I get the seat pulled out and the buckle off and decide to see if its still being retarded, plug it into the seatbelt and *gasp* it holds! So after a few choice words i buttoned the whole thing back up. If anyone wants a set of buckles, $10 plus shipping.

I also siliconed the rear window seal so hopefully it wont rain in my backseat anymore. Next up: trunk shocks and figuring out the wires on the ignition switch so i can finally get that starter kill finished.

Call me MacGyver

Blitzkrieg Bob
03-01-2007, 06:57 PM
finish it off trying...then buy new parts

indierthanthou
03-01-2007, 07:02 PM
well i have no idea how to fix busted seatbelt latches. otherwise im the same way, though i like to make sure i have easy access to replacement parts or that it wont render the car undrivable before i try and fix it. I'm an apprentice plumber, so its not like i can afford a second car

Qube
03-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Given it's a safety item, I would just replace it anyway.

indierthanthou
03-02-2007, 11:56 AM
i probably will eventually but i rarely drive anywhere with people and never on that side because when it rains the roof would leak. though i did just silicone it, i can take 4 people now....probably should do that this weekend