PDA

View Full Version : Help Wheels Issue

realness
02-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Hi all,

I just replaced my 15” bottle caps wheels with these style 15” wheels. I am using the same tires that I had on the bottle cap wheels. I am experiencing vibration at high speeds on the highway. When I had the bottle caps on these same tires I never experienced any kind of vibration. The car ran smooth sailing on the highway.

After doing a search I get the sense I may need hub rings.

Should I have a wheel balance and an alignment done first before I put on the hub rings? Or will the hub rings resolve this issue without wheel balancing and alignment? Or should I do both?

I’ve never had this vibration issue until I switched wheels. Please let me know what I should do.

Thanks

632 Regal
02-27-2007, 01:42 PM
first step is the rings. They hold the wheel centered as the lugs do not, its an interference fit. That should take car of 90%, the next step would be a balance job from a GOOD shop not the local chain store.

realness
02-27-2007, 06:09 PM
first step is the rings. They hold the wheel centered as the lugs do not, its an interference fit. That should take car of 90%, the next step would be a balance job from a GOOD shop not the local chain store.

I will start with the hub rings. I just ordered a set from tirerack. I hope it works.

Thanks

632 Regal
02-27-2007, 07:10 PM
Hopefully it will amaze you!
I will start with the hub rings. I just ordered a set from tirerack. I hope it works.

Thanks

fujioko
02-28-2007, 03:38 AM
What size ring did 'ya order? I have the same rims and the same problem,

Qsilver7
02-28-2007, 07:11 AM
I believe it's part # A670...you can click search and use "A670" as the "key word" to verify that's the correct number. If its the correct number...you'll get lots of hits....if its the wrong number...you'll get nothing. :D

You will also need to call TireRacks toll free number and speak directly to a customer serv rep to order them. I've never seen them listed anywhere on the website.

DanDombrowski
02-28-2007, 07:36 AM
I just ordered my rings from Jim @ tirerack - he runs a little promotion over on bf.c and invites people to call him. 4 minutes on the phone on my way home from work and the rings are on their way.

realness
02-28-2007, 11:34 AM
What size ring did 'ya order? I have the same rims and the same problem,

I called and ordered part #A670 from tirerack yesterday. I believe the size is 74.1od and 72.56id.

realness
03-06-2007, 09:50 PM
I put the hub rings on this saturday. Wow what a difference these little rings made. No more vibration. I still plan on getting the wheel alignment and balance to keep even thread wear on my tires.

I apperciate the advice!!!

632 Regal
03-07-2007, 12:49 AM
wow better than 90%, damn good reccomendation huh? Now you can enjoy them.

I put the hub rings on this saturday. Wow what a difference these little rings made. No more vibration. I still plan on getting the wheel alignment and balance to keep even thread wear on my tires.

realness
03-07-2007, 01:25 PM
wow better than 90%, damn good reccomendation huh? Now you can enjoy them.

Great Recommendation!
Thanks again!

attack eagle
03-07-2007, 11:17 PM
I still plan on getting the wheel alignment and balance to keep even thread wear on my tires.

Balance, yes.
4 wheel alignment no.

Why? there is nothing to align (Stock) except front toe.

SC David
03-08-2007, 01:20 AM
Call Tirerack extension 362, and a guy named Luke will hook you up. Part number is A670, as mentioned before.