PDA

View Full Version : corny BMW M5 commercial from the past

mzarifkar
02-26-2007, 10:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBELGafbQgM&mode=related&search=
it gets interesting at 1:30

Anton CH.
02-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Back in the day when m5 actually came in a manual gearbox that required you to shift.

CharlesAFerg
02-26-2007, 10:35 PM
repost, but cool- It's on my myspace lol...

Theres a few for the E32.
I want to go down to the dealership and show the guys down there this video, they'll love it.

jrobbo
02-26-2007, 11:32 PM
That Calypso M5 is one of the 44 Australian Delivered cars, it came up for sale just recently (still wearing the same number plate). It also appeared in a few road tests with a few of the local motoring mags.

John

CharlesAFerg
02-26-2007, 11:37 PM
That Calypso M5 is one of the 44 Australian Delivered cars, it came up for sale just recently (still wearing the same number plate). It also appeared in a few road tests with a few of the local motoring mags.

John

Jeez, very impressive.

Gayle
02-26-2007, 11:48 PM
What do you mean corny? That is great! Doesn't it make you want to hold your head up high that you own a cousin to that car?

markus
02-27-2007, 12:26 AM
i like the old bmw advertising stuff. its no BS. back when BMWs looked like BMWs.

CharlesAFerg
02-27-2007, 01:20 AM
What do you mean corny? That is great! Doesn't it make you want to hold your head up high that you own a cousin to that car?

Damn straight, that's the first thing I thought when I saw the thread title.

i like the old bmw advertising stuff. its no BS. back when BMWs looked like BMWs.

I still get looks, even here where everyone drives the 07 328i.

Randell
02-27-2007, 02:04 AM

yeah it's awesome i watch this vid all the time, i love the computer they're doing CAD on, it's struggling so bad with that wireframe model.. and the mullet on the guy putting the engine in, all 80s goodness right there, makes me want an m5... i will one day, a mint calypso 3.8 came up for sale about a year ago, $35k, i didn't have that sorta money but it looked like the sorta car i'd keep forever

the only bit that gets me in the vid is at the end where he says 'and always with a manual transmission, because the m5 is above all a driver's car' ... then i go and drive my sad auto :(

CharlesAFerg
02-27-2007, 02:21 AM
yeah it's awesome i watch this vid all the time, i love the computer they're doing CAD on, it's struggling so bad with that wireframe model.. and the mullet on the guy putting the engine in, all 80s goodness right there, makes me want an m5... i will one day, a mint calypso 3.8 came up for sale about a year ago, $35k, i didn't have that sorta money but it looked like the sorta car i'd keep forever

the only bit that gets me in the vid is at the end where he says 'and always with a manual transmission, because the m5 is above all a driver's car' ... then i go and drive my sad auto :(

Hey now hater, I've got an M20 auto. It's just fine for now. :D
...for now. (dreams of white 540im)

Fastx525ixGuy
02-27-2007, 01:20 PM
I just bought a calypso m5, Im so pumped. Thats a cool video.....

Qube
02-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Brings a tear to your eye... :)

jrobbo
02-27-2007, 02:30 PM
makes me want an m5... i will one day, a mint calypso 3.8 came up for sale about a year ago, $35k, i didn't have that sorta money but it looked like the sorta car i'd keep forever

In Australia? Wow! Must have been a grey import, but I wasn't aware that there were any of them over here.

We only got 1 E34 M5 3.8 officially imported in Australia, it was 1 1992 5 speed car, brilliantrot, and when I saw it, it was looking pretty tired, it hadn't really been looked after :(

John

mzarifkar
02-27-2007, 03:47 PM
maybe corny was poor word choice, how about nostalgic? or is it too recent to be considered nostalgic?