PDA

View Full Version : OT: anyone interested in the paranormal?

markus
02-26-2007, 10:11 PM
ghosts, local legends and stuff? yea i might sound dorky but this **** alwayss eems to draw my attention. any experiences would be interesting to read also.

me? me and my friends will sometimes go to "haunted" places like cemeteries and stuff and take photos. once in a while we will get an orb or mist in a photo. but some will argue otherwise.

pundit
02-26-2007, 10:57 PM
You mean like this (http://home.hiwaay.net/~brettr/deadpeople.wav)?

markus
02-26-2007, 10:58 PM
im not clicking on that right now. its dark in this room.

CharlesAFerg
02-26-2007, 11:02 PM
So is your E34 haunted? I'm confused- Whats your point? Did something abnormal happen recently?

markus
02-26-2007, 11:06 PM
no just out of curiosity. just trying to get a feel for the members here.

CharlesAFerg
02-26-2007, 11:19 PM
no just out of curiosity. just trying to get a feel for the members here.

Well that explains always hearing Eric Clapton in my front wheel well...

repenttokyo
02-27-2007, 08:44 AM
yes, definitely.

Ross
02-27-2007, 10:51 AM
I live very near an old cemetary that has been part of local legend for a long time. I've never seen or heard a thing.
Having said this...

markus
02-27-2007, 12:26 PM
whast the legend? here where I live theres a lot of history. Lots of indian tribes lived in this area and supposedly theres a haunted cemetery where settlers were burried on cursed burial grounds. me and my friends have investigated a few times and never encountered anything. the first time we did we were kinda nervous becuase legends of witchcraft in the woods behind the cemetery are floating around. we heard someone yell at us and got the hell outta there. meh im too old for this **** but its always fun to me atleast.

Panda
02-27-2007, 01:14 PM
..... will sometimes go to "haunted" places like cemeteries and stuff and take photos. once in a while we will get an orb or mist in a photo. but some will argue otherwise.

Have occasionaly watched "Most Haunted.." on Living TV, which may show over in the states? Mainly it just hilarious, sometimes you see things that can't be explained. They are very much in to their "Orbs" although most of the time it looks like an insect flying by.

The strange thing with orbs is that they never really existed before night vision camera techniques. I've always wondered if it's the technique that creates them or the technique is required to see them?

As an aside, I always worry that my E34 will haunt me if I get rid of it. But that's just paranoia. And a good excuse to keep it.

KenB
02-27-2007, 06:29 PM
I live in an old farmhouse on the Delaware River in NJ built in 1761.

The only thing around here that seems haunted is me.:p

632 Regal
02-27-2007, 07:09 PM
I have my first Ex wife haunting every one of my moves, PPO didnt help cause I'm a male...fun baby

CharlesAFerg
02-28-2007, 01:18 PM
Well that explains always hearing Eric Clapton in my front wheel well...

Oh, come on guys do some investigating...
I bent down to listen last night and I think I heard...

*Beeeaadoooo deeeeadeeeee....
Beeeadoo-daa-dee-daa-doooooo....*
"Its time to go home now
And Ive got an aching head
So I give her the car keys
She helps me to bed
And then I tell her
As I turn out the light
I say my darling, you were wonderful tonight
Oh my darling, you were wonderful tonight"
*Beeeaadoooo deeeeadeeeee....
Beeeadoo-daa-dee-daa-doooooo....*

I swear to god... Think about that one.

E34-520iSE
03-01-2007, 03:31 AM
ghosts, local legends and stuff? yea i might sound dorky but this **** alwayss eems to draw my attention. any experiences would be interesting to read also.

me? me and my friends will sometimes go to "haunted" places like cemeteries and stuff and take photos. once in a while we will get an orb or mist in a photo. but some will argue otherwise.

I used to work in a very haunted building up till late 2001. Several of us experienced things, saw things, heard things etc. I (along with two other people) even spoke to the 'apparition' when he asked us for the way out of the building. Even clients told me they saw things / won't go into certain rooms etc. My friend once stayed there overnight, and he got a kicking in his sleep, and he's a big lad you wouldn't want to mess with. There's a lot of things I could tell you about if you're interested. In the end you just got used to an 'old man' looking through the window at you, or lights being left on overnight etc. I think the worst experience I had was when I was locking the place up at 4am, to hear a loud voice right behind me shout 'GET OUT NOW!'. It still creeps me out when I think about it.

Cheers,

Shaun M

CharlesAFerg
03-01-2007, 03:49 AM
I used to work in a very haunted building up till late 2001. Several of us experienced things, saw things, heard things etc. I (along with two other people) even spoke to the 'apparition' when he asked us for the way out of the building. Even clients told me they saw things / won't go into certain rooms etc. My friend once stayed there overnight, and he got a kicking in his sleep, and he's a big lad you wouldn't want to mess with. There's a lot of things I could tell you about if you're interested. In the end you just got used to an 'old man' looking through the window at you, or lights being left on overnight etc. I think the worst experience I had was when I was locking the place up at 4am, to hear a loud voice right behind me shout 'GET OUT NOW!'. It still creeps me out when I think about it.

Cheers,

Shaun M

LOL! I'd come in with 10 people with paintball guns blazing at like 5AM sometime.

What do you mean, "a kicking"?

Anyways, where was this place, and what kind of work were you doing there?

E34-520iSE
03-01-2007, 04:15 AM
LOL! I'd come in with 10 people with paintball guns blazing at like 5AM sometime.

What do you mean, "a kicking"?

Anyways, where was this place, and what kind of work were you doing there?

Right, the building was a recording studio. I was an engineer and in-house producer. We converted it from a former pit head baths to a large multi studio'd complex. The rest of the colliery buildings had been long since demolished, but the baths was left intact. I did a bit of research, and found there had been a couple of deaths in the mine, as well as many later, above ground. Also a few people have been killed on the railway line that runs behind the place. The most recent was in 2005:- http://www.networkrailmediacentre.co.uk/Content/Detail.asp?ReleaseID=1838&NewsAreaID=17&SearchCategoryID=-1

Scroll down to Level Crossing Fatalities 23 March, Clara Vale.

'What do you mean, "a kicking"?'

I mean he was sleeping on a matress on the floor until he was pushed off and punched in the guts. kidneys, head etc by er...nothing.
He was locked in the building and there was no way on earth anyone could get in. We had other incidents like that. One lady had her hairbrush ripped out of her hand and thrown on the floor. One day a regular customer came and said, Oh hi Shaun, I've just seen you looking at us through the upstairs windows - even though I had been in the recording studio at the back of the building all morning. Then there was a local poet who came to record something for the BBC, who is quite well known so will stay anonymous. She came into the live room to meet me and talk about what she needed to do. Later that day she just came out and said she never wanted to go in the live room again, as she saw something horrid. And this was a perfect stranger who knew nothing about the building or our experiences.Strange eh?

Cheers,
Shaun M

Panda
03-01-2007, 04:56 PM

Cheers,

Shaun M

That's just weird. There are a lot spooky stories surrounding recording studios - I used to live near Great Linford Manor in Milton Keynes and heard stories of lots of people being scared witless.

A local "expert" claimed it was because walls of buildings "store" sounds and can replay them at "certain" times. According to him the recording studio played havoc with the natural recording process of the building and caused the experiences that people had.....

Which just sounds like total shite to me. Spirits of dead people sounds a lot more plausable than that rubbish.

markus
03-01-2007, 07:43 PM
if u think thats weird read this

http://p069.ezboard.com/Very-scary-experience/ftheweirdusmessageboardfrm13.showMessage?topicID=3 .topic

E34-520iSE
03-02-2007, 02:48 AM
A local "expert" claimed it was because walls of buildings "store" sounds and can replay them at "certain" times. According to him the recording studio played havoc with the natural recording process of the building and caused the experiences that people had.....

I don't believe that for one minute. When we got the building we took about a year to renovate it before anything was recorded. When we were working in the 'live room' I mentioned earlier, we all felt a heavy sadness over us. None of us ever mentioned it to each other as we thought it was just us being being tired/broke/cold etc. However when strangers started mentioning things to us we woke up to the fact that something was odd. There would be months go by without anything happening at all, followed by a few days of strange activity. The building is still there (now empty) if anyone in the UK wants to check my facts out.

Cheers,

Shaun M

Mitch90535im
03-02-2007, 07:49 PM
True personal story -

The 2nd story on this link (page 214) "A Graven Image" is about a tombstone near the town where I grew up. Back in the early 70's as teenagers we were out partying really late one evening, getting high and what not. It was me, my girfriend at the time, and another couple in the back seat. I had heard tales about this tombstone since I was a little kid, so we decided to be brave and go check it out. When we got there I had to turn the car almost sideways in the roadway, which was at that time a little country lane dirt road out in the middle of nowhere, to get my headlights to shine on the correct grave marker. I wasn't even sure exactly which one it was because it was the Treadwell Cemetary and there were a lot of Tredwell family head stones. So I was concentrating on inching the car backwards and forwards to get it positioned just right and wasn't paying a lot of attention to the tombstones and all of a sudden the girl in the back seat lets out this blood curdling scream that made the hair on the back of my neck crawl. I looked up and and there it was, plain as day. Scared the living crap out of all of us.

http://books.google.com/books?id=moE21NhfMoYC&pg=RA2-PA214&lpg=RA2-PA214&dq=ripleys+treadwell+cemetery+tombstone&source=web&ots=Cnj9wC0ihx&sig=Heo_MHIcmKQj4jLCKi9pnK1X8JA

Boone.Msi
03-03-2007, 12:21 AM
its said somewhere that if you go to a cemetery at midnight and wait for the devil, he will meet you there no matter what. I forget what corner you have to go to, but at any cemetery, you go to the ______ corner and wait, at exactly 12 he will appear.

My friend did this in Savannah Georgia, thinking it was a joke. well at 12:00 a taxi drove up to the cemetery corner, a tall bearded man got out, lit a cigarette and waved at my friend. My friend ran like hell... true story.

Its said the reason for this meeting, is to make deals with the devil, although he tricks you into giving your soul away. He ask you a question, and if you answer, good by heavens...

EDIT:
someone please go try this, i sure as hell wont, and i want proof to back up my story.:D