PDA

View Full Version : ok guys, it's a sad day in the caribbean

tnt525i
02-26-2007, 04:30 PM
finally did it, i was thinking of selling it for a long time now, but after this weekend, i made up my mind to sell, a guy made me an offer and i accepted along with a ton of new parts (approx $2,000 U.S. dollars worth) i sold her for U.S $11,900. :(
the saddest part was when i saw the new owner drive away, i really liked that car, i really really liked it:( :( :(
ow well on to another car,, i just bought a subaru forester turbo, it will never drive or feel like the bmw, nor will I ever feel as good driving the scooby as i did when i drove the bmw but i guess life is full of change anyway.
so guys i may or may not be here as often as before but ill be here lurking to see if i can give any advice whenever possible,
so untill then folks thanks for all the advice and support you've given me these few years, i learned alot since then and i hope to get to repay someday.
regards
gerald

GJPinAU
02-26-2007, 04:36 PM
You'll be back!
Until then - ariverdirty:p

G

Ross
02-26-2007, 04:41 PM
$11,900 is huge money around here for that car, maybe two, so take comfort in that large wad of cash.
A scooby? Aw jeez how could you. The best thing about 'em is when the mufflers go bad they sound like an old Beetle.

Jehu
02-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Ahh the Forrester.Yes, a few years ago a co worker bought one. Peter was his name, a big jolly guy everyone liked .One day when the guys got to the office to open up, Peter's car was there. Odd it was concluded he was just napping so nobody tried too hard to wake him up till work began and then.... he wasn't responding to knocks on the windows and the doors were all locked.Emergency services arrived and after braking a window to get in it was discovered Peter had shot himself thru his heart and was dead. After initial speculation that it was a statement about work and the job we learned he had terminal cancer and his girlfriend speculated he chose work because he actually liked us so much he felt like letting us find him.

Gayle
02-26-2007, 11:18 PM
Ahh the Forrester.Yes, a few years ago a co worker bought one. Peter was his name, a big jolly guy everyone liked .One day when the guys got to the office to open up, Peter's car was there. Odd it was concluded he was just napping so nobody tried too hard to wake him up till work began and then.... he wasn't responding to knocks on the windows and the doors were all locked.Emergency services arrived and after braking a window to get in it was discovered Peter had shot himself thru his heart and was dead. After initial speculation that it was a statement about work and the job we learned he had terminal cancer and his girlfriend speculated he chose work because he actually liked us so much he felt like letting us find him.

Oh Chris--did you really have to share this loose association with us?

Jehu
02-26-2007, 11:44 PM
I never liked the Forrester.Maybe the newer ones are more attractive.If you hadn't quoted my post i could have deleted it .

Gayle
02-26-2007, 11:46 PM
I never liked the Forrester.Maybe the newer ones are more attractive.If you hadn't quoted my post i could have deleted it .

At one point in reading it, I thought you were going to say the Forrester made him do it.

tnt525i
02-27-2007, 02:20 AM
You'll be back!
Until then - ariverdirty:p

G
i'm sure i'll get another one

tnt525i
02-27-2007, 02:21 AM
$11,900 is huge money around here for that car, maybe two, so take comfort in that large wad of cash.
A scooby? Aw jeez how could you. The best thing about 'em is when the mufflers go bad they sound like an old Beetle.
:D :D :D

Jehu
02-27-2007, 12:22 PM
At one point in reading it, I thought you were going to say the Forrester made him do it.

There was some speculation along those line...*

George M
02-27-2007, 03:09 PM
Actually it was learned later at the funeral that it was his twin brother and not Peter that off'ed himself. Peter changed his identity and slipped down to South America where he is retired and once again driving a Bimmer.
Thought you guys should have an update.
George

Turbo Ready
02-27-2007, 03:19 PM
i'm sure i'll get another one

Which part of Trinidad are you in? I spent allot of time there in the 90's

Myself and my business partner started importing Japanese cars along with some BMW's in that era.

I am now building a stroker turbo engine for a guy who lived in Diego Martin, he lives up here now.

Boy I miss T&T badly, I had tons of fun back there.

94530inh
02-27-2007, 03:22 PM
haha ii used to make fun of this girl back in highschool. she was driving her grandma's forester around. Everyone called it the lesbian mobile because in a magazine it said that lesbians drive foresters and rav4s. Foresters are good though and the turbos run low 14s. I wouldnt mind one.

Blitzkrieg Bob
02-27-2007, 03:58 PM
which leads to self inflicted lead poisoning

tnt525i
02-27-2007, 05:26 PM
Which part of Trinidad are you in? I spent allot of time there in the 90's

Myself and my business partner started importing Japanese cars along with some BMW's in that era.

I am now building a stroker turbo engine for a guy who lived in Diego Martin, he lives up here now.

Boy I miss T&T badly, I had tons of fun back there.
I'm in maraval, and back in the 90's i had a nissan cefiro with the RB26DETT
and yeah some people still have fun here,,, it is a nice place, coming to think of it, its the only place in the world you can give a hand signal with a beer:D :D :D :D

Turbo Ready
02-27-2007, 06:11 PM
I'm in maraval, and back in the 90's i had a nissan cefiro with the RB26DETT
and yeah some people still have fun here,,, it is a nice place, coming to think of it, its the only place in the world you can give a hand signal with a beer:D :D :D :D

Have you ever been to Wallerfeild? We used to race on that track during the Caribbean Championship Season. I know lots of the guys up there still including Tanko and Frankie. Our racing champs from Guyana were Ray Rahaman, Mark Veira and Andrew King.

We use to manufacture satellite dishes close to Point Fortin, we built the dishes and Cable stations for AJ Cable in Port of Spain and San Fernando.

used to dring beer on the beach almost daily, still miss and talk about the Oyster Cocktails, I was addicted to those.

BTW, if you were into cars back then you should have seen a red twin turbo 300ZX, we were the first people to bring one there. I shipped it in from Guyana to test the waters on the sport imports. We were offered nearly double what we paid the next day and sold it.

tnt525i
02-28-2007, 03:05 AM
Have you ever been to Wallerfeild? We used to race on that track during the Caribbean Championship Season. I know lots of the guys up there still including Tanko and Frankie. Our racing champs from Guyana were Ray Rahaman, Mark Veira and Andrew King.

We use to manufacture satellite dishes close to Point Fortin, we built the dishes and Cable stations for AJ Cable in Port of Spain and San Fernando.

used to dring beer on the beach almost daily, still miss and talk about the Oyster Cocktails, I was addicted to those.

BTW, if you were into cars back then you should have seen a red twin turbo 300ZX, we were the first people to bring one there. I shipped it in from Guyana to test the waters on the sport imports. We were offered nearly double what we paid the next day and sold it.
yeah i used to race at wallerfield back in the 80's, Tanko and I were good friends and also rey and his brother jad rahaman, those were the good old days, and if the red 300zx you are talking about was the one purchased by wayne piralli, then i remember it.
and as for the cable companies, trans cable bought out all the cable companies so there could be no competition and he has the monopoly on cable tv, the owner then sold the company to another company fron barbados(i think) , talk about life in the tropics

Turbo Ready
02-28-2007, 07:18 PM
yeah i used to race at wallerfield back in the 80's, Tanko and I were good friends and also rey and his brother jad rahaman, those were the good old days, and if the red 300zx you are talking about was the one purchased by wayne piralli, then i remember it.
and as for the cable companies, trans cable bought out all the cable companies so there could be no competition and he has the monopoly on cable tv, the owner then sold the company to another company fron Barbados(i think) , talk about life in the tropics

Wow small world, Ray and Jad were my buddies while I lived back there, Jad had the best bar/patio/restaurant and hang out spot in the City during that time. All of us who raced together back then used to hang out there every Saturday.

In T&T our favorite bar was High RPM in San Fernando, I spent lots of my best times in that bar and town. Could not remember the name of the guy who bought the 300ZX, that's nearly 12 years ago, wow time went by.

I had known two popular mechanics back there Ervan Lee of Vannor Auto and Basir from Kajim's Auto Repairs.

Are there any good Turbo and tuning shops there in TT? The guys from Barbados were bugging me to move back and open shop there. I forgot name of the guy who used to race an e30 and then an e36 from Barbados. I went to visit him in 2005 when I was there. They have like 4 or 5 e34 535i's you should know him.

I am amazed at how things changed so much there with business and the cable companies etc.

We should keep in touch via email.