PDA

View Full Version : Is there any reason why none of the functions on a redone seat would...

ryan roopnarine
02-25-2007, 08:12 AM
work? admittedly, i bought a re-covered e32/e34 seat off ebay for $180 about 18 months ago, came with the seatbelt retractor assembly attached. today was the first time i tried to put it into the car, and when i plugged it in, none of the functions worked. it wasn't a concours restoration, but i wouldn't think that somebody would spend as much money as they did to rebuild itand not fix any of the seat motors in the thing, as none of the functions work. am certainly open to the possibility that i got screwed...any pins that i can plug a multimeter up to in the harness to ensure that it isn't my car at fault here? thanks.

winfred
02-25-2007, 08:34 AM
on e34 and non memory e32 seats you only need two wires hooked up to run the whole seat, hot and ground, the rest of the small wires in the plug are not needed, id make sure that the switch is plugged in, the switch is cleanable but unlikely to take out the whole seat (it you take it apart open the switch inside a plastic bag, they explode big time)

Alexlind123
02-25-2007, 09:36 AM
Check the fuse?

ryan roopnarine
02-25-2007, 05:17 PM
i tested the seat heater today, and made sure that the passenger seat works (fuse check). the heater in the "new" seat seems really slow, and unlike my other seat, doesn't automatically go from "high" heat to lukewarm, just off. thanks for the suggestion about the switch, winfred, that makes sense.