PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

2cents
02-23-2007, 09:14 AM
Hi guys. I have a 90 525i, and my fan blower is all screwed up... I think.

Symptoms:

The AC wouldn't work unless I put the blower on position 4, full blast. I understand this could be related to the "sword"...

About 3 days ago, the fan blower would run non-stop; every time I started the car the fan blower would come on simultaneously, regardless of the position of the nob (0-1-2-3-4). The AC (cold air) would still work on position 4.

This morning I get up and START the car (fan blower comes on), as I reverse about 3 feet, the engine stops. I try to restart it and nothing. NOW, the car won't even start. During attempting ignition, all I hear is a single "clak". It won't even try to start...

Any advice is much appreciated.

winfred
02-23-2007, 09:50 AM
the blower definetly sounds like the sword is a good place to start, as for dieing and not restarting id be checking the connections around the battery, on the underhood battery cars they also have a fusable link on the strut tower next to the battery that the bolts get loose that hold the fuse and sometimes the fuse corrodes and cracks, if your fuse is bad and the dealer doesn't have a replacment old mercedes diesels used the same fuse on their glow plug relays so benz dealers are another source, lets call it a 84 300d turbo if you need to go there, sol at either dealer try a parts store for a 80 amp strap fuse and hope the guy at the counter is not a tard

2cents
02-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the input Winfred. I just went to get the battery checked and it is good.... i will double check all connections. TY.