PDA

View Full Version : huh, got the ins. estimate up almost $100

ryan roopnarine
02-22-2007, 02:36 PM
by taking the car for an estimate to the local place where bmws get farmed out for collision repair. it isn't much, but the guy was certain enough after seeing the minor gap in the bumper to include a bumper absorber in the estimate straight away, and note that the estimate was "open". i wasn't really looking for much from the original adjuster, but when he was insistent that the bumper would merely have to be taken off and adjusted to proper fit again, i knew that i would have to get a second opinion.

infinity5
02-23-2007, 03:51 PM
hey ryan, what happend?! did you get hit? I haven't checked the forums in months :)

ryan roopnarine
02-23-2007, 08:35 PM
hey ryan, what happend?! did you get hit? I haven't checked the forums in months :)

some klown kissed my rear bumper at the i-75 offramp. 1st adjuster is trying to get away with "buffing out" the damage. 2d estimate from bmw's farm out body shop in town comforted me much more. most couldn't even tell that it was rearended if i didn't tell them, but at the same time, i don't deserve to have to eat depreciation just because someone else was negligent.