PDA

View Full Version : 540i warnling lights

compmore
02-22-2007, 03:33 AM
had a new battery fitted today (94 540i) and since i picked it up the abs and traction lights are both on.

only happened with battery change and they have no idea why.

appreciate any advice you can give us

geoff

Boom n Zoom
02-22-2007, 04:41 AM
Indirectly looking for the Auto Trans Module....which I still haven't positively identified, I also had pulled the OBC to get the number off that as well.
(for anyone bothering to answer, is it in the Left hand footwell (RHD car) and is marked 'VDO', silver box with a blue 14? pin connector and sits snugly into the lower sill [rocker] panel is that it?)

My ABS and ESC (Traction light) lights were on as well, have been driving it for the last four days like this with no problems. I had done a system reset (Disconnect the battery, short the positive and negative leads together, turn key to position 2 left it for an hour while I cleaned and added leather care to the lower rear bolster. Reconnected the leads and ran the car for 5 mins, took it for an hour long drive mix of city then highway then city. The car runs very nicely now shifts are much smoother in Adaptive and Sport is 'lively and crisp' on the shifts.

BUT!! the ABS and ESC lights were still on, so today I pulled the No 1 fuse for 10 mins replaced and they are now out and cycle properly when you first start the car. The ESC can be switched on and off and the ESC works as advertised by 'flickering' when you feed it in the wet. Their might be something else that you may find that you need to do but this worked for me with a similar problem.

P.S. Winfred your right about the M60's moods, it has been great all day (been in and out of it running around all the city over today) then this afternoon in the traffic it decided that it was not happy and began running rough like really big overlap cam rough. Got an opportunity to get right up it in 1st off a set of lights spun it to 5500ish and then it was fine again, seems it don't like sitting idleing in stop/start traffic for two hours :)

Cheers!

compmore
02-23-2007, 03:10 AM
thanks for the tip but didn't solve it.

geoff

shogun
02-23-2007, 04:03 AM
http://www.bba-reman.com/bmwabsfaults.htm